VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I want to stretch the audio through the waveform, not the time setting method, I used Audacity but it did not have that option. Which software will get the option to stretch the audio by sliding the mouse,
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    More powerful DAWs like ProTools, Logic, Nuendo,...
    Some NLEs or Audio Editors should be able to do it too (I assume Adobe products like Premiere or Audition, though haven't checked).

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. You probably can't drag the waveform to stretch it in Audacity, but you can select part of it and timestretch just the selected section.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Put a .wav track in to davinci resolve on the edit tab.

Use the media tab to import the audio.

Use the media pool tab in the top left of the edit tab to find your imported media, drag it to a timeline.

Choose Yes if DVR offers to change the framerate, it will default to 720p but no matter for exporting .wav files.

Highlight and Ctrl/R the audio clip.

Put the mouse over the top right corner of the clip /LR arrows appear.

Drag audio as desired.

Export as .wav on the deliver tab.

The tabs can be seen along the bottom of the davinci resolve main window.
    Last edited by super8rescue; 11th Feb 2021 at 19:28.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    More powerful DAWs like ProTools, Logic, Nuendo,...
    Some NLEs or Audio Editors should be able to do it too (I assume Adobe products like Premiere or Audition, though haven't checked).

Scott
    All are super heavy software bro, Logic is not possible in Windows. is any lightweight software can do it ? like Audacity ?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    You probably can't drag the waveform to stretch it in Audacity, but you can select part of it and timestretch just the selected section.
    i already used Selection timestretching but i want to stretch by dragging waveform....
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Oh I'm sorry, did I miss you mentioning Windows-only in the OP?

No matter. Yes, those ARE heavier-duty softwares. Precisely because performing what you are asking takes some serious software chops.

What about Cubase? Reaper? AbletonLive?

"Use the right tool for the job" - DeNiro, RONIN.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Oh I'm sorry, did I miss you mentioning Windows-only in the OP?

No matter. Yes, those ARE heavier-duty softwares. Precisely because performing what you are asking takes some serious software chops.

What about Cubase? Reaper? AbletonLive?

"Use the right tool for the job" - DeNiro, RONIN.

Scott
    can Adobe Audition do that ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yes, tried it on my copy of Audition 2019 at home. Works in realtime, using "Stretch" feature. You'll have to check which "handle" is stretch vs. fade vs. trim, etc. YMMV by version.

Personally, I like how in ProTools, it's easier, because the cursor and tool can change automatically based on the location (Top corner, middle, bottom corner, middle), toggle-able.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Yes, tried it on my copy of Audition 2019 at home. Works in realtime, using "Stretch" feature. You'll have to check which "handle" is stretch vs. fade vs. trim, etc. YMMV by version.

Personally, I like how in ProTools, it's easier, because the cursor and tool can change automatically based on the location (Top corner, middle, bottom corner, middle), toggle-able.

Scott
    Thanks man ,
    Quote Quote