VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Using a Mac Laptop (circa 2008) and the latest Mavericks.

I took screen shot of the dialog I get - say's something about a bad cpu type. (?)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-07-16 at 10.48.47 AM.png
Views:	1006
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	26446
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The issue here is that the built-in binary gnutar is not compiled for Intel CPUs. It was an oversight when trying to make the installer a Universal Binary (both PPC code and Intel code) around the time of Snow Leopard (Mac OS X 10.6), which excluded standard (but optional) install of the Rosetta automatic code translation. Later versions of Mac OS X do not support Rosetta, thus excluding execution of any PPC code.
    This was corrected for the Lion build and the second revision of the Lion build of ffmpegX.

The solution for you is to download the latest version, ffmpegX 0.0.9y-Lion r2.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Your direction and solution worked fine - thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I'm having a really similar problem. I have OSX 10.6.8 and ever since I reinstalled the system, I can't install a new version of ffmpegx. I keep getting the error message from DiskImageMounter that the image is "not recognized." The version I'm trying to install is the correct one, ffmpegX_0.0.9y.

Based on your previous comments to macbuz, Case, I'm wondering: Should the install work if I install Rosetta first?

Thanks!
    wildgeese

PS~ I hope this is considered the same issue- I can create another thread for the different OS if need be.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by wildgeese View Post
    I'm having a really similar problem. I have OSX 10.6.8 and ever since I reinstalled the system, I can't install a new version of ffmpegx. I keep getting the error message from DiskImageMounter that the image is "not recognized." The version I'm trying to install is the correct one, ffmpegX_0.0.9y.
    This seems to be a problem with the download file, not a problem with the software inside the downloaded .dmg disk image.
    Make sure your download is complete. The .dmg should be 33,760,087 bytes in size.
    Checksums by Disk Utility: CRC32: $C24F0ACF; MD5: $D053D140CB6BC88BDC327BEDD61FF6C9
    File checksums by checkSum+: CRC32: 9A95D47D; MD5: 0aad2e8176798ba677a63097611ffd21
    If (any of) these checksums differ on your side, you should re-download, as the transfer may have been garbled.

Based on your previous comments to macbuz, Case, I'm wondering: Should the install work if I install Rosetta first?
    I think that this is a separate issue, but you are probably going to need Rosetta anyway.t
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello Case,

Thanks very much for your reply! Now I see that the dmg is zero kb, but... what can I actually do about this, to access the file? I've tried multiple times over the course of two months on different browsers. I get the same download results for ffmpegx no matter what I do. And I've had zero problems downloading anything else.

It doesn't make sense to me that I should be the only one hitting this wall. Am I blocked for some reason, but only from this one file??

Thanks in advance for your insight!
    wildgeese
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I get the same download results for ffmpegx no matter what I do.
    What can I say? The download link works for me.
    Try this link. It takes you to a temporary download page, where you may get the exact same file.
    Hope this helps.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!