VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I posted my question to the DVD Authoring Forum and got no reply so I tried the dvdauthor list server and found out that it was a bug.

it seems that you've got the same problem i've allready reported.
    The Post-Action "call vmgm menu 1" is wrong coded.
    The command DVDAUTHOR 0.6.8 and 0.6.9 create is:30 08 00 00 00 42 00 00
    it should be: 30 08 00 00 01 42 00 00

you can correct this by opening the VTS_01_0.ifo file in IFOEDIT.
    Open VTS_PGCITI and correct PGC command table.

greets,
    mike
    My original post and XML are below. Does anyone know of a fix or work around for this problem? The output from DVDAuthorGui generates different code but has the same problem if you ask it to return to the menu after the video is played. This bug seems serious as you may be creating DVDs that play today but may not play tomorrow on future DVD players.

Thanks for any help.
    Ted.

ted_rossin@agilent.com> writes:
    My Panasonic RV-31 and ifoedit says that the output from dvdauthor 0.6.8
    has an invalid navigation setting. PowerDVD, and DVDExpress (both PC based software players) have no trouble at all.

I've included the xml file that I fed to dvdauthor below. I have found
    that if I remove the post commands for the two movies or I change the commands to be exit, then there is no problem except that the players do not return to the menu when finished with the movies.

All I'm trying to do is have one menu that can jump to different movies. When the movies are finished, the player will return to the menu.

Does anyone know of an XML file that will do the job? I've looked around
    but have not had any luck. DvdauthorGui uses the exit trick so that is no help either. I've tried many variations on the theme and either get dvdauthor to complain or ifoedit to complain or still stuck with stopping after the movie.

Code:
    dvdauthor dest="Out">
      <vmgm>
        <menus>
          <pgc>
       <button> jump title 1; </button>
       <button> jump title 2; </button>
       <button> jump title 2; </button>
            <vob file="menu.mpg" pause="inf"/>
          </pgc>
        </menus>
      </vmgm>
      <titleset>
        <menus><pgc><post> jump vmgm menu 1; 
          </post></pgc></menus>
        <titles>
          <pgc>
            <post> call vmgm menu 1; </post>
            <vob file="movie1.mpg" chapters="0,00:32,01:04"/>
          </pgc>
          <pgc>
            <post> call vmgm menu 1; </post>
            <vob file="movie1.mpg" chapters="0,00:32,01:04"/>
          </pgc>
        </titles>
      </titleset>
    </dvdauthor
    Quote Quote  
  2. Sorry to reply to my own post but thought that I would share that the ifoedit hack solves the problem when playing back in ifoedit. I will try my Panasonic RV-31 tonight. It will be nice to have this fixed in dvdauthor one day.

As I've learned reading the posts at this site. If it doesn't play in ifoedit then don't burn it. Also, by some magic RecordNowMax would not burn a DVD that had this bug unless I unchecked the "Recognize the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders per the DVD specification" button found under Tools-->Options then Data Disk tab. When I removed the post commands it would burn with the button turned on. Very nice feature.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    edit: wrong thread
    Quote Quote