VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hallo,
    maybe You know any libraries ( or maybe ready to use program ) that would be
    able to deal/join with MPEG2 files ?

Those MPEG2 files are of the same type ( parts of the same large MPEG2 file )

thanks in advance
    pik
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    mpgtx will do this
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hallo
    From the user intrface point of view it is exactly what I was looking,
    but there is one problem, that I discovered during testing.
    Meida player and Zoom player at least show artifacts at the splice point of joined mpeg files. Although I found some note at mpgtx home page:

"MPEG files joined with mpgtx can show artifacts at the splice point. This is not a bug from the editor but rather from the player. Technically mpgtx sets the Broken Link flag in the GOP header which tells the player to discard leading interpolated (B) frames. Some players will ignore this flag, thus displaying artifacts. mtv and mtvp are known to handle these files correctly. You can find these tools at http://www.mpegtv.com/. "

but I still wonder why for example TMPGencPlus joined file that do not show such artifacts ?

Maybe there is also other batch tool that can join files that won't show such artifacts ?

grretings Maciek
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by pikpus
    but I still wonder why for example TMPGencPlus joined file that do not show such artifacts ?
    Perhaps Tmpgenc is smarter and replaced the interpolated frames (that were rubbish anyway) with repeat frames of the last known good frame before these.

The human eye may not be able to see those frames (they were two normally as the normal sequence usually used is IPBBPBB...) but can easily identify the green blocks appearing for just a couple of frames.
    The more I learn, the more I come to realize how little it is I know.
    Quote Quote