VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I want to create something like DivxFix, but that actually works. The only way to look for invalid/error in freames that really worked is by using besweet, it tell's u at what time the error happened, so i had to go with to that time in the movie and check what frames are wrong.

I used virtualdub mp3 but it didn't detect errors.

So I want to be able to:
    + Read a movie file
    + Check each frame for errors
    + Cut the frame(s) and reindex.

I was trying to get the code for virtualdub, but I don't think it includes the code for error checking, because it's from the MP3 MOD. Any link/suggestion is appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    First of all, you can obtain the code for VirtualDUB mod as well. In case what you want can be found there.

As a general comment, the main problem in fixing corrupt frames is ensuring audio sync. If you need to only drop a frame, then the audio will be so little out of sync that will not be noticed. If however, you need to drop a few frames here and there, audio - unless something is done to it as well - will start to lose sync. A second's worth of shifting for every 25 frames for PAL and 29.97 for NTSC.
    The more I learn, the more I come to realize how little it is I know.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I only saw the code for the original virtualdub listed in their web site. I don't know where I can find the source for the other MODs.

If you cut a frame, you would do the same for the audio, otherwise the put of sync problem will show up. I'll try to to the same when you remove frames from virtualdub.
    Quote Quote