VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Let's say I download a torrent and it does not complete fully; I know I'd have no hope at 80% complete, but if it's almost complete, say 99%, surely a video would be watchable?
    In the latter case, is there some utility (ffmpeg perhaps) that the file can be put thru, to output an "almost fixed" file?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Nope.

Let's just say you should buy the video and not ask for assistance for illegally obtained items.
    Quote Quote  
  3. It depends on where the missing part(s) are. If critical parts (like the header that indicates the frame size, codecs, etc.) are missing it's very difficult to fix. It it's just a little in the middle of the file it will usually play, just with a few seconds/minutes corruption when the player gets to those parts.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I understand that mpeg/mp4 standard consists of blocks that can be decoded independently. By
    opposition you may get AVI files from your torrent that use only part of this concept, so it is trickier
    to decode avis than mpegs.

Personally I use virtualdub w/ plugins and can get it to render some-of-the-frames but overall
    such torrents as you describe are not usable.

Thank you videohelp for helping users such as myself regardin many of our problems. I
    recently have recovered my account for describing a problem, but un-fortunetly I forgot it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Most 99%+ need a remux into a new MKV, and will play with a glitch.
    If the remux fails, you're SOL.

Not everything available on torrents is warez.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
    Most 99%+ need a remux into a new MKV, and will play with a glitch.
    Can ffmpeg do remux?
    Quote Quote  
  7. ffmpeg -i input.mp4 -c copy output.mp4
    Quote Quote