VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello everyone!
    I'm trying to capture my video of a music concert from VHS. The recording is new. I need peerfect audio timing to match the sound with the sound from the sound engineer's mixer.

I own an EasyCAP DC60 device. When I capture the footage with "Honestech TVR 2.5" software that came with the DC60, the sync is perfect and matches the other audio. When using VirtualDub (I want to keep original video with no denoise, stabilization, field cropping, etc. but with deinterlace for 50fps):
    -playing the video - everything in sync
    -capturing with defaults (see screenshot) - the video is running forward audio
    Tried all the resync modes, same result
    Any ideas?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	198379831.png
Views:	297
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	47196  

Quote Quote  
  2. Don't play audio while capturing. Don't compress the audio while capturing. Try "Do not resync between audio and video streams". Enable "Insert Null frames when captured frames are too far apart." Use a fast lossless video encoder while capturing -- huffyuv, for example.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    I followed every VirtualDub recipe out there and never got it to properly sync audio on my system. I use AmaRecTV, which is a little funky in the interface, but works without problems.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    General options: Disable "Drop frames when captured frames are too close together" and do not enable any selections in this group.

Resync mode: enable "Do not resync between audio and video streams".

Enable "Automatically disable resync when integrated audio/video capture is detected".

I still don't understand why people waste time and money on EasyCrap.
    BTW, if you need "perfect audio timing" why aren't you using a frame-level tbc?
    Last edited by LMotlow; 17th Nov 2018 at 21:15.
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by JVRaines View Post
    I followed every VirtualDub recipe out there and never got it to properly sync audio on my system. I use AmaRecTV, which is a little funky in the interface, but works without problems.
    Same here -- AmerRecTV always seems to keep perfect audio sync, Vdub doesn't...
    Quote Quote