VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by Platos View Post
    But how do i find this window from post number #24? I dont find it.
    Open a sub/idx subtitle in subtitleedit.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I tried now to convert this .sup Subtitle to .ass and .sub. But both where spelling wrong now. They can now display ö,ü,ä, but i saw, they did spell another word wrong.

it does convert the word "Iruka Sensei" to "Iruka Seeset". It's on start time 2:02. #23 in SubtitleEdit.
    I have now the german dictionairy and same settings like in post #24 on the picture.

So i did download the dictionary, used Teserract 5.3 and went to "Batch convert" and tried to converting this sub.

Edit: And i also see now it does convert now special letters to ä,ü,ö which were not before. Like on #34 it's now spelled "Shännarö" but before it was "Shânnarô".

That's so annoying. I just want to have original letters. How can i manage to get them ?

Edit2: I did not try BDSup2Sub because i would like to change font style with .ass. That's why i try it with subtitleedit

Here is the sup file:
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by Platos; 7th May 2023 at 14:46.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Platos View Post
    That's so annoying. I just want to have original letters. How can i manage to get them ?
    Welcome to the wonderful world of subtitles!
    The usual procedure, when you have gotten the best result you can using programs created by others, is to go through the subs line by line and manually edit them. It can be a slow process. Or, just live with the spelling errors.
    Last edited by pcspeak; 7th May 2023 at 16:24.
    Quote Quote  
  4. That's horrible xD

No one has an idea ? Maybe there is a language, which can handle all/more letters?

Then i rather take the solution from post #26 and live with the font used original.

Edit: Isnt it possible to add some Letters to "my" dictionary ?

And why actually get "sensei" translated to sth completly different? All letters are in the german dictionary, so why ? I mean i can understand it with letters like "â" or ã or so, but "sensei" has normal letter so... ?

Edit2: Ok, i fixed the "sensei" thing with unchecking the "fix OCR errors" box.

But how can i fix the "shânarô" to "shänarö" thing? Is it possible to add a custom letter (not word!) to my dictionary, so that it will always get detectet ?

I found out, i can add words to my dictionary, but i think it would be better to add a letter. So the letter â, ô, û, ã, õ and so on.
    Last edited by Platos; 7th May 2023 at 17:36.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I have a question about SubtitleEdit: What does that mean when there is red on "duration" and when i klick on it the "chars/sec" is also red.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It's either overlapping another set or is in negative beginning.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  7. ah ok, did not know.

Other question: How can i convert .ass subtitle from a 25fps source video to a 23.976 video? When i convert framerate, it is completly wrong, while when i do that not, it has an offset of 1 sec (at start). But then in the end it has a higher offset.

I'm trying so hard, but the subtitles i try out just dont match xD

Edit: So i extracted .sup subtitle from a 25fps source. And know i want to implement it into a 23.976 source.

Please, can someone tell me, what to do? Because it wont work on my end. I did convert from .sup to .ass with ocr and then converted it from 25fps to 23.976. But then it was even worse. The timing was then completly wrong.

Both videos are the same, it's just a difference because of the fps (and also a 1s timeofset, but that is not the problem).
    Last edited by Platos; 13th May 2023 at 22:43.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Open subtitle edit and load the file and go to synchronization and choose frame rate,if the subs don't match then videos have different properties that won't match due to scene changes.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hmmm, ok it worked now with a 1sec delay of the 25fps subtitle. I don't know, what i did wrong yesterday It even works with .ass and also with converted .sub (withour ocr). Strannge...

When i think about it makes no sense to look on fps. I mean it has less frames per second, but that does not mean, that the video is not exactly same. I mean the frames are just showed longer, it's not a speed-up. At the end it would have only a difference in miliseconds, because in one scene the lip-movement starts maybe some ms earlier or so.

So it was late yesterday, i misinterpret that. I thought, when i have 23.976 fps after (let's say) 10 min there is not the same scene anymore. But that's not the case lol.

If it's possible, i have a question again (sorry): Is it possible to find out, what font-style/setting the original sub has? I know there are some internet-pages where i can upload an image of subtitle and then it guesses what font it is, but that did not work good in my case.

And is there a way to extract hard-subbed subtitles ? I red sth a week ago, but i dont find it anymore. I have in mind, that there is a tool, where you can extract hard-subbed subtitle.
    Quote Quote