VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by deccavox View Post
    Quote "The Chrome version of this addon is not maintained or supported in any way. It's only included on the off chance that it works. Don't expect it to."
    Version 110.0.5481.77 (Official Build) (64-bit) works for me, as in fact have all the last year's releases. Got to be 'operator error', methinks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Do not send me DM's
    Search Comp PM
    @libero08
    Stream Detector extension doesn't work in Chrome browser. Chrome moans it's not an official extension from their web store and it won't let you enable it. I've even tried it in Edge, which is essentially Chrome. Although Edge has an additional option: Allow extensions from other stores, it still won't let you enable it.
    It more or less tells you that on the Github entry anyway: https://github.com/rowrawer/stream-detector
    Quote "The Chrome version of this addon is not maintained or supported in any way. It's only included on the off chance that it works. Don't expect it to."
    It's not built for Chrome, if it works, it works. But it was written for and maintained to run on Firefox
    The Stream Detector
    What is this?

This is a Firefox addon written in JavaScript which provides an easy way to keep track of URLs to playlists and subtitles used by Apple HLS, Adobe HDS, MPEG-DASH, and Microsoft Smooth Streaming streams as well as download video/audio files directly and monitor any other file extensions and Content-Type headers.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by deccavox View Post
    @libero08
    Stream Detector extension doesn't work in Chrome browser. Chrome moans it's not an official extension from their web store and it won't let you enable it. I've even tried it in Edge, which is essentially Chrome. Although Edge has an additional option: Allow extensions from other stores, it still won't let you enable it.
    It more or less tells you that on the Github entry anyway: https://github.com/rowrawer/stream-detector
    Strike, or bingo,
    this answer i was espected from mister "A"!!! because as you write here i already do all this operation before asking for help(mozilla is ok).
    i use under linux in mine workshop chrome plugin for do schedules for daily, weekly and monthly activity and for reminders, that will be notify me and mine collabortators about daily program of work. So i was trying for windows, and as i wrote before it returns me that errors. I check also mine version and is :
    Version 110.0.5481.100 (Official Build) (64-bit).
    I am here for learn, and not measure how many inch have mines "goodies".
    I hope someone find and return a valid solution.

here from site of GOOGLE!

"Which extensions you can use on Chrome
    To protect you while you browse, Chrome only lets you use extensions that have been published on the Chrome Web Store.

See a list of your extensions
    On your computer, open Chrome.
    At the top right, click More More.
    Choose More tools and then Extensions.
    Extensions that have not been published on the Chrome Web Store are grayed out and you won't be able to turn them back on.

Use disabled extensions
    If you need to use a disabled extension, you can contact the extension’s developer and ask them to upload their extension to the Chrome Web Store. This will allow you, and other people who use Chrome, to install that extension from the Chrome Web Store, or if you already have it installed, to manually re-enable it from your list of extensions."
    [Attachment 69241 - Click to enlarge]

after a workaroud , maybe i have also a explanation for, but i am not so shure.
    if extension was instaled before chrome decide to not allow extension outside his webstore, can be used. but if want to install now , you can't.
    a solution for use this on chrome could be a complette backup of chrome from A_n_g....
    , if possible .
    Last edited by libero08; 15th Feb 2023 at 11:18.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @libero08
    It's OK, no harm done. A colleague of mine gave me the solution (also a member on here), so I can't claim to be the brains on this one. You have to do a bit of tweaking. Maybe this is a Windows thing where Windows version of Google is being over protective?

Download the crx file. Then open it in WinRAR (or 7-Zip). But how you ask? In WinRAR, File -> Open archive and select All files (for the file types). Then you'll see the crx file to open. In WinRAR, you'll actually see that crx file is a sort of zipped bunch of files. Anyway, Extract to with a folder name of hls_stream_detector-2.11.0 (or whatever version you're using).

Then, use that to add it as a Chrome extension in the normal way (in Developer mode, Load unpacked).

That's it. Easy when you know how lol. Many thanks to the chap who advised me.
    Last edited by deccavox; 16th Feb 2023 at 05:15.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Many thanks, i am a n00b, and i am here to learn.
    there are many secrets for imortals, i bet also who use it have recive this info from some "guru". Now problem solved.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @libero08
    Download the crx file. Then open it in WinRAR (or 7-Zip). But how you ask? In WinRAR, File -> Open archive and select All files (for the file types). Then you'll see the crx file to open. In WinRAR, you'll actually see that crx file is a sort of zipped bunch of files. Anyway, Extract to with a folder name of hls_stream_detector-2.11.0 (or whatever version you're using).

Then, use that to add it as a Chrome extension in the normal way (in Developer mode, Load unpacked).
    Confirmed Working.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thank you so much A_n_g_e_l_a. I have learnt so much over the last few days.

I had a problem with linux not finding the module in the pywidevine directory. Your comment about how linux finds modules using the folder structure really helped. I managed to fix my problem by adding a __init__.py file into my WKS_FOLDER and it worked fine (apparently it needs it to pass through the directory to the destination). I'm only mentioning it in case anyone else has the same as me and maybe this will help them.

Once again, my thanks for all your documentation - I've really enjoyed playing around with this .
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by A_n_g_e_l_a View Post
    N_m3u8DL-RE
    ... It is the candidate to replace yt-dlp.
    https://github.com/nilaoda/N_m3u8DL-CLI/issues/174

deepblue2000 commented on Jan 23, 2021
    how can I choose the quality, if there are 5 different resolutions ?
    nilaoda commented on Jan 23, 2021
    Unfortunately, you cant do this now. =^=
    Quote Quote  
  9. Old Post on Github ....2021....

Put your link in N_m3u8DL-RE and you can choose the resolution

https://github.com/nilaoda/N_m3u8DL-RE
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by cedric8528 View Post
    Old Post on Github ....2021....
    Put your link in N_m3u8DL-RE and you can choose the resolution
    https://github.com/nilaoda/N_m3u8DL-RE
    Ok, how to download several video formats at once? And could it decrypt videos before download to cut segment?
    So, I prefer to use yt-dlp.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Lirk View Post
    Ok, how to download several video formats at once? And could it decrypt videos before download to cut segment?
    So, I prefer to use yt-dlp.
    When N_m3u8Dl-RE stops to ask what video resolution you want - most people would check one box against a video resolution, but if you want more just check more boxes.

Decrypt before download? That's fast! Almost as fast as milk. Past-your- eyes before you see it.

If you mean decrypt segments individually before assembly I guess not but neither does yt-dlp.

If you are talking about sites that have several parts to download to assemble the video from (each part made from several segments) then yt-dlp wins out on that one.

I think I've covered all bases there to try to answer an ambiguous post.

And if you like yt-dlp then great keep using it. N_m3u8DL-RE is an alternative that is faster in use than yt-dlp IMHE. Also Its always good to have a backup plan should one or other get taken down.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by A_n_g_e_l_a View Post
    When N_m3u8Dl-RE stops to ask what video resolution you want - most people would check one box against a video resolution, but if you want more just check more boxes.
    "Selection prompt" doesn't work for me and I have no desire to solve this.
    ERROR: Cannot show selection prompt since the current terminal does not support ANSI escape sequences.
    Could N_m3u8Dl-RE download several formats with using -sv option?
    Quote Quote  
  13. With -sv you can choose one argument!

why you dont use -h options and see wich alternatives you have for video or audio?
    is so easy to use -h and from meu choose righth vaslues for you?
    Quote Quote  
  14. I am using N_m3u8DL-RE_Beta_osx-x64 with the url of the mpd and output file name, selecting the resolution, downloading the encrypted video and it shows like it should be working however when I try to open the output file , while it opens in vlc and the timer is counting up there is no picture, or if there is a picture its all distorted like the file wasn't decrypted properly

__________________________________________________ ___
    I have edited this post to reduce unnecessary clutter in the thread

I had misunderstood the process. For my own benefit and maybe someone else. The modules required to get working in OSX were requests, xmltodict, ,protobuf and pycryptodomex
    Last edited by will30uk; 1st Aug 2023 at 08:08.
    Quote Quote  
  15. N_m3u8dl-re won't get the keys for you for widevine, you need to do that yourself and add it to the command.
    Have a read of this
    Quote Quote  
  16. Thankyou @elcap for the tip

Its 4am and after many hurdles been successful.

Tomorrow see what can be done to automate the stages unless someone can point me to a script already done

Thanks again :d
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by will30uk View Post
    unless someone can point me to a script already done
    For which site? And will30UK is that UK for United Kingdom or Ukraine? The first option, I may be able to help.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by A_n_g_e_l_a View Post
    unless someone can point me to a script already done
    For which site? And will30UK is that UK for United Kingdom or Ukraine? The first option, I may be able to help.
    Thankyou A_n_g_e_l_a

Yes United Kingdom. I am looking for scripts for the big names Nfx, DsyPls, PrMe etc

I was at the time particularly downloading from AcornTV. There are a lot of stages to manually perform which was time consuming and easy to get muddled, downloading mpd, finding license url, finding pssh, downloading the actually encrypted file using the key ( initially I was separately decrypting with mp4decrypt) .I have written my own python script for this site which simplifies the process down nicely.

Is there a community cache of scripts ?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM

Thankyou A_n_g_e_l_a

Yes United Kingdom. I am looking for scripts for the big names

I was at the time particularly downloading from AcornTV.

Is there a community cache of scripts ?
    It's true I don't go after pay sites. Mainly because I'm too old to enjoy the videos they offer...

Too late for Acorn TV, but this does it along with a number of other sites https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/407216-Decryption-The-Dungeon-of-Despair#post2669285 first script 'generic boltdns.net downloader' It's only in the mix because it uses the same principles as free sites. But Acorn TV is a mess of a site and difficult to know what to expect. I only get pretty low-resolution too 704p I think usually.

And there isn't a 'community cache' of scripts that I know of, except searching github; for example https://github.com/TANZ-lab/Disney-Plus-video-downloader. You'll find the others on github too.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi A_n_g_e_l_a!, hopefully this is not against the rules of the forum, but I subscribed to it only to really thank you for all your investigation and notes, it was very helpful to me, now I understand a little bit more how the streaming is working and basically it's a mix between Oauth and key pair encryption, at least L3, it's so cool understand that, now left understand L1 haha.

But well, basically that, thank you so much for your contribution and help, and now I am around here, I am going to try to contribute too in future testing that I do in my free time.

See you!
    Discord: konekirby
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search PM
    Quote Quote  
  22. Guys is it possible to pull live streams from D*tv using this?
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by paul92 View Post
    Guys is it possible to pull live streams from D*tv using this?
    Double posting wastes everyone's time.
    Do not PM me please. Just ask your question here!
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/413534-From-My-Postbox
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks again @A_n_g_e_l_a for these comprehensive written stickies. I've read all 3 over and over and over these last few days, trying to gain a much better understanding of what I think I already know. A lightbulb hit home for me re N_m3u8DL-RE being an alternative for yt-dlp. I find that now gives me much greater resolution choice over what I was doing before. I've finally nutted out a standardized header and using WKS-KEYS, I can retrieve the keys every time for my favorite service. Happy camper
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by billybanana View Post
    .... A lightbulb hit home for me re N_m3u8DL-RE being an alternative for yt-dlp. ... I've finally nutted out a standardized header and using WKS-KEYS, I can retrieve the keys every time for my favorite service. Happy camper
    Great news. It is always good to get such feedback - thanks for taking the time. But good on you too for your tenacity hanging in there; it is not an easy read.

I choose to comment to say don't discount yt-dlp too readily. It is a very complex tool and, a bit like an iceberg, much is hidden beneath the surface. Both it and N_m~ have a part to play.
    You can always look at the choice of download streams by using -F in a command.
    Code:
     yt-dlp -F https:\\www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001s1pk
    [Attachment 74995 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 74997 - Click to enlarge]

Then select a single stream with
    Code:
     yt-dlp -f mf_cloudfront-5510-1 https:\\www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001s1pk
    (mf_cloudfront-5510-1 appears last-lower-left in the images and has 1280x720 resolution)
    Carry on Camping
    Do not PM me please. Just ask your question here!
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/413534-From-My-Postbox
    Quote Quote  
  26. I also prefer free sites, and I agree that the navigation on Acorn TV can be a bit confusing.
    Quote Quote