VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everyone!

Been trying to install Cine encoder on Ubuntu 20.04 but it displays the following message
    Code:
    dpkg: problemas com dependências impedem a configuração de cine-encoder:
     cine-encoder depende de libqt5core5a (>= 5.15.1); no entanto:
      A versão de libqt5core5a:amd64 no sistema é 5.12.8+dfsg-0ubuntu2.1.
     cine-encoder depende de libqt5widgets5 (>= 5.14.1); no entanto:
      A versão de libqt5widgets5:amd64 no sistema é 5.12.8+dfsg-0ubuntu2.1.
    testing the dependencies needed
    Code:
    install --simulate ./cine-encoder-3.5.3_amd64.deb

Os pacotes a seguir têm dependências não satisfeitas:
    cine-encoder : Depende: libqt5core5a (>= 5.15.1) mas 5.12.8+dfsg-0ubuntu2.1 está para ser instalado
    Depende: libqt5widgets5 (>= 5.14.1) mas não vai ser instalado

It says it needs libqt5core5a(5.15) and libqt5widgets5(5.14) but i cant find a way to update them to the needed versions, 95% of all linux software i use is in the appimage format to avoid all these dependencies issues, havent found a appimage of cine encoder.

Can anyone help?
    Last edited by ricardouk; 29th May 2022 at 06:41.
    I love it when a plan comes together!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    it seems libqt5core5a only "goes up to " version 5.12 on ubuntu 20.04, anyone knows of a way to install version 5.15 without upgrading Ubuntu?

https://pkgs.org/download/libqt5core5a

Thanks
    Last edited by ricardouk; 29th May 2022 at 06:50.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There's something fishy about that package. Not unusual with non default repo sources, which is why I tend to avoid them. They say the .deb is for Ubuntu 20.04. Yet that dependency version is not in the default Ubuntu repos for any currently supported Ubuntu release, see here: https://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=libqt5core5a

That module is the core qt5 library from what I see and upgrading it could very well break things in the OS.

I wouldn't try this without taking a root snapshot first with Timeshift or siumilar. Actually I'd just look for something else.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ricardouk View Post
    Hi everyone!

Been trying to install Cine encoder on Ubuntu 20.04 but it displays the following message
    Code:
    dpkg: problemas com dependências impedem a configuração de cine-encoder:
     cine-encoder depende de libqt5core5a (>= 5.15.1); no entanto:
      A versão de libqt5core5a:amd64 no sistema é 5.12.8+dfsg-0ubuntu2.1.
     cine-encoder depende de libqt5widgets5 (>= 5.14.1); no entanto:
      A versão de libqt5widgets5:amd64 no sistema é 5.12.8+dfsg-0ubuntu2.1.
    testing the dependencies needed
    Code:
    install --simulate ./cine-encoder-3.5.3_amd64.deb

Os pacotes a seguir têm dependências não satisfeitas:
    cine-encoder : Depende: libqt5core5a (>= 5.15.1) mas 5.12.8+dfsg-0ubuntu2.1 está para ser instalado
    Depende: libqt5widgets5 (>= 5.14.1) mas não vai ser instalado

It says it needs libqt5core5a(5.15) and libqt5widgets5(5.14) but i cant find a way to update them to the needed versions, 95% of all linux software i use is in the appimage format to avoid all these dependencies issues, havent found a appimage of cine encoder.

Can anyone help?
    can you not install the latest version of Ubuntu on a portable USB HDD and then install
    cine encoder ??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks october262 for your feedback/suggestion, i just wanted to convert some file to prores, since then i found out shutter encoder that does that and more, but if anyone is interested theres a quick GUI/script @ https://sourceforge.net/projects/prores4linux/files/

[Attachment 65074 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 65075 - Click to enlarge]
    Last edited by ricardouk; 29th May 2022 at 14:32.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Hoser Rob View Post
    There's something fishy about that package. Not unusual with non default repo sources, which is why I tend to avoid them. They say the .deb is for Ubuntu 20.04. Yet that dependency version is not in the default Ubuntu repos for any currently supported Ubuntu release, see here: https://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=libqt5core5a

That module is the core qt5 library from what I see and upgrading it could very well break things in the OS.

I wouldn't try this without taking a root snapshot first with Timeshift or siumilar. Actually I'd just look for something else.
    Hi Rob, didnt see your comment/suggestion, thanks for taking time and try to help, i've found another app and a small script that did what i needed, once again thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    You can build CineEncoder from the source files:

Install dependencies:

Code:
    sudo apt-get -y install gcc qt5-qmake qtbase5-dev qtmultimedia5-dev libqt5svg5-dev libqt5x11extras5-dev libmediainfo-dev libxext-dev ffmpeg mkvtoolnix i965-va-driver
    After that:

Code:
    mkdir build
    cd build
    git clone https://github.com/CineEncoder/cine-encoder.git
    cd cine-encoder
    /usr/lib/qt5/bin/qmake -o builddir/Makefile app/cine_encoder.pro -spec linux-g++
    cd builddir
    make
    And run program:

Code:
    ./cine_encoder
    Last edited by Helg1980; 12th Jun 2022 at 04:19.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Helg1980, thank you for your advice, it worked do i need to keep the build folder created by the script in order for the app to run? i moved cine encoder to a diferent folder and it works...

Im converting drone footage to prores HQ to later edit in Davinci Resolve but the conversion ends in error, tried to convert to h264, h265, using nvenc etc and no problems only with Prores, can you help? Here's the log i see in the terminal window

Code:
    ricardo@RIcardo:~/Apps$ ./cine_encoder
    Attribute Qt::AA_EnableHighDpiScaling must be set before QCoreApplication is created.
    QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to QStreamViewExtern "", which already has a layout
    libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
    libpng warning: iCCP: cHRM chunk does not match sRGB
    libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
    libpng warning: iCCP: cHRM chunk does not match sRGB
    38 x 35
    Unknown property icon
    Unknown property icon
    Unknown property icon
    Unknown property icon
    Unknown property icon
    Unknown property icon
    Unknown property icon
    Unknown property icon
    Unknown property icon
    Unknown property icon
    Unknown property icon
    Unknown property icon
    Unknown property icon
    Unknown property icon
    Desktop env.: 0
    Unknown property icon
    Unknown property icon
    Unknown property icon
    Unknown property icon
    Unknown property icon
    Unknown property icon
    Unknown property icon
    Unknown property icon
    Unknown property icon
    Unknown property icon
    Unknown property icon
    Status encode btn: start
    Make preset...
    Flag two-pass: 0
    Flag HDR: 1
    preset_0: -hide_banner
    preset: -map 0:v:0? -map_metadata -1 -map_metadata:s:v:0 -1 -pix_fmt yuv422p10le -c:v prores_ks -profile:v 3 -color_range tv -color_primaries bt709 -colorspace bt709 -color_trc bt709 -c:a pcm_s16le -c:s copy
    preset_mkvpropedit: -d max-content-light -d max-frame-light -d max-luminance -d min-luminance -d chromaticity-coordinates-red-x -d chromaticity-coordinates-red-y -d chromaticity-coordinates-green-x -d chromaticity-coordinates-green-y -d chromaticity-coordinates-blue-x -d chromaticity-coordinates-blue-y -d white-coordinates-x -d white-coordinates-y  
    Encode ...
    Encode HDR...
    Unknown property icon
    Unknown property icon
    Unknown property icon
    Unknown property icon
    Unknown property icon
    Unknown property icon
    Add metadata ...
    Error...
    Unknown property icon
    Unknown property icon
    Unknown property icon
    Unknown property icon
    QSoundEffect(pulseaudio): Error decoding source file:///usr/share/sounds/cine-encoder.wav
    ^C
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Hello!

do i need to keep the build folder created by the script in order for the app to run?
    No, you can move the executable file to any folder.

Send the log output, there is little information here (the log window opens via View->Log). Check if the subtitle tracks are enabled in the Streams->Subtitles tab and if so, disable them. In my test examples, it seems like ProRes is encoded normally, it's very strange. Is the error repeated for the DNxHR?

Also check again if mkvtoolnix is installed:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get -y install mkvtoolnix
    Last edited by Helg1980; 13th Jun 2022 at 02:38.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Helg1980, thanks for helping, here's the log :

mkvtoolnix is already up to date (45.0.0-2)
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    since the video doesnt have audio i tried another video with audio and same error happens, tried another prores preset and same error, hope you'll find what is causing this problem.
    Thanks

Update: DNxHR doesnt work aswell
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    it seems i found the error, i was using the prores presets from the studio 10bit HDR group, i tried dnxhr from group studio 8bit and it works, i tried editing the preset by using prores HQ but it adds 10bit hdr in output description and ends in error, what ive found is that dnxhr presets are the only ones that work, cant find a way to convert to prores.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Check if there is enough disk space. Prores files require a lot of space.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    theres around 100GB free space, even on 5 second clips the error appears, doesnt the DNxHR conversions require big temp files like prores?

On a little sidenote, the start conversion icon, close window,minimize and maximize buttons dont show up, if you hover the mouse over the buttons a darker square appears and if you press it it works.

Thanks for your work making cine encoder available on Linux.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    Is it only with one file such a problem or for all files recorded from this equipment? Have you checked how files are encoded in ProRes recorded by other equipment?

Today I made changes to the icons, now they should be displayed.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    as far as i can see/test the other programs mentioned before convert the videos to prores without problems, i tried using the DNxHR preset and then replacing/editing DNxHR with any of the Prores variants in the codec option but it always ends in error, where can i see the conversion script used by cine encoder? Whenever i convert to prores a temp.mkv file appears in the output folder but disappears when i think its muxing from mkv to mov.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    Hello!

For the 10-bit mode, a slightly complicated system works:
    - first, the file is encoded by ffmpeg into mkv format,
    - the HDR metadata is then added using the mkvpropedit utility,
    - then again, using ffmpeg, the container is converted from mkv to mov (without transcoding)
    I think the error occurs at the last stage, if I had a sample file, I would say more precisely.

Presets for ProRes are formed in these lines:

- the presets themselves:
    https://github.com/CineEncoder/cine-encoder/blob/master/app/tables.h#L141

- creating a temporary file:
    https://github.com/CineEncoder/cine-encoder/blob/master/app/encoder.cpp#L860

- adding metadata:
    https://github.com/CineEncoder/cine-encoder/blob/master/app/encoder.cpp#L895

- creating an output file:
    https://github.com/CineEncoder/cine-encoder/blob/master/app/encoder.cpp#L835
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi.

I think i've found whats causing the error, before i start explaining what i did be patient because i dont have coding experience.

1 - I built cine encoder following your instructions and deleted cine encoder from buildir folder
    2- went to "build/cine-encoder/app" and opened the tables.h file and edited line 144 from :
    Code:
    "-pix_fmt yuv422p10le -c:v prores_ks -profile:v 3 ",           "",                     "1", ""},
    to
    Code:
    "-pix_fmt yuv422p -c:v prores_ks -profile:v 3 ",           "",                     "0", ""},
    went back to buildir folder and opened the terminal and executed the command "make", i then used the new cine encoder build and it converted without problems.

went back to the tables.h file and this time only changed 1 to 0
    Code:
    "-pix_fmt yuv422p10le -c:v prores_ks -profile:v 3 ",           "",                     "0", ""},
    built a new cine encoder version with those changes and it worked again.

from my very limited knowledge i think its the hdr metadata causing the error, hope this helps you solve this problem, before the terminal window showed "encode hdr" and now it says "Encode non HDR..."
    Quote Quote