VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Does anyone know of a VPN that works with tvnz.co.nz?

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Jawz22 View Post
    Does anyone know of a VPN that works with tvnz.co.nz?

thanks
    If none of the usual vpn’s have servers in New Zealand like nord vpn, you can just rent a VPS server and install open vpn on that. A quick google brought up sitehost.co.nz as providing Linux and Windows vps.
    Quote Quote  
  3. If none of the usual vpn’s have servers in New Zealand like nord vpn, you can just rent a VPS server and install open vpn on that. A quick google brought up sitehost.co.nz as providing Linux and Windows vps.
    Thanks I will have a look into it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. express vpn have new zealand and it work
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by lomero View Post
    express vpn have new zealand and it work
    I have express VPN which allows you to sign up but as soon as you go to play a video it detects using a vpn. But I have found urban VPN works.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi do we have any Korean members who could help me sign up for a Korean on-demand service, been trying but have no luck as it detects my card isn't Korean? Or does anyone have any ideas on how to get around this? thanks
    Go to fiverr.com. There are people there who will help you sign up or buy anything from Korea.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by lingyi View Post
    Hi do we have any Korean members who could help me sign up for a Korean on-demand service, been trying but have no luck as it detects my card isn't Korean? Or does anyone have any ideas on how to get around this? thanks
    Go to fiverr.com. There are people there who will help you sign up or buy anything from Korea.
    Thanks, I will give that a go
    Quote Quote  
  8. I think some nuances make this kind of lease impossible. Since I live in New Zealand, I know there is often a problem with the IP address. And hiding through proxy servers rarely works. For such cases, various platforms or services can provide everything you need to hide. It is quite a challenge because the viral address cannot be completely hidden without a trace in the case of some countries. But I have managed to do it. I think with the right approach. You can do it too. You can also find services similar to https://apiip.net/. As far as I know, they also do similar things. In this case, you can try again to install new proxies.
    Last edited by DemaLake; 26th Dec 2022 at 04:21.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by DemaLake View Post
    I think some nuances make this kind of lease impossible. Since I live in New Zealand, I know there is often a problem with the IP address. And hiding through proxy servers rarely works.
    That's because those proxies/VPN's are shared with other people, streaming providers catch on this as its obvious when there's multiple accounts eg for TVNZ+ logging in from the same ip address.

People also often switch VPN servers to other countries multiple times to watch other content, often not closing any open browser tabs/windows before they do so. Those tabs then continue to send http requests in the background which end up flagging internal alerts with the streaming provider (due to the change of IP in less than 5 min, eg from NZ to US) - this is a dead giveaway. The end result is the IP being flagged as a proxy/VPN by the streaming site.

As I mentioned in post #2, go and sign up for a VPS with a hosting provider, make sure the VPS has its own dedicated public ip (non shared), install open VPN on there, you shouldn't have any issues.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by Jawz22 View Post
    Does anyone know of a VPN that works with tvnz.co.nz?

thanks
    I use these guys https://webhostingnz.com/

I have an Auckland hosted VPS, in which I pay $10NZD a month for, which offers uncapped data transfer. VPS is low specced, and useless for anything other than a VPN server.

I use Swizzin's Wireguard Package, which lets me set up my own Wireguard VPN.

I then am able to Make use of Matt Huisman's IPTV URL links which gives me the NZ Freeview's direct links.

I am based in South Africa, and it works a treat.

However webhosting New Zealand only serves New Zealanders - you either have to be a NZ Resident in New Zealand, or a New Zealand Citizen, and send the passport photo to them as proof - as they will block any registration attempt taking place outside of New Zealand. I learnt this out the hard way.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Our case is a little different. I along with my wife traveled to Nepal last month to see Mount Everest.
    My wife had to watch Criminal Minds: Evolution on TVNZ which is only accessible in New Zealand.
    I did a little research before leaving New Zealand and found two best VPNs to unblock TVNZ from outside New Zealand.
    The two top choices were ExpressVPN and NordVPN. I opted for ExpressVPN and it worked perfectly.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Proton VPN has 16 servers located in New Zealand.
    Quote Quote