VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I recently bought a Blackmagic Intensity Pro in order to record Xbox 360 gameplay. I've got it all hooked up correctly and whatnought. My problem is when I try to record using the compressed Motion JPEG option, it drops frames. When I import a say, 10-minute video into Sony Vegas, the video track is around 30 seconds shorter than the audio track making everything out of sync and unusable.

Interestingly enough, I don't have this problem when recording uncompressed (the 8-bit YUV option). This surprised me since I'm recording to a single 500GB hard drive (not RAID). However, as a 6 minute video is almost 40GB in this format, this isn't too convenient. I'd much rather record compressed, since the file size is around a tenth of that, with barely any notable loss in quality.

My system is as follow:
    Dell Inspiron 530
    2.20 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    2x 500GB hard drives (the one I'm recording to I use exclusively for recording and it gets around 130MB/s write speeds).
    3GB RAM
    Asus (ATI) Radeon 4650 graphics card.

I'm recoding using Blackmagic Media Express.

I have no idea why I can't record properly compressed, but I can fine uncompressed. Is it a hardware issue, or a software issue, perhaps with the codec or something? Any help would be great.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Mine appears to be doing the same, When I run Uncompressed the video is fine, bit laggy on the final video but that's because of my rubbish harddrive being sorted now though.

When I do Motion Jpeg the video lag's like crazy, there are dropped frames all over the place and the video FPS is shocking. I am currently using Windows 7 32bit with the latest Media Xpress
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yeh I'm having that same problem using the MJPEG encoding usually when I'm recording for a long period of time it happens, but i want to find a solution to it with out me having to go out to buy a whole new capturing device
    Quote Quote