VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello I am a PC user. I have to make a video compilation from about 40 video clips (mp4/mov files).

What's a good way to go either paid/free? I'm hoping to add text (title screen), music to certain clips, perhaps basic transitions like fades, would be great if I could have a small banner on each video that could say the name of the person and then have it disappear. If that's too complicated, just a still image between each clip would work. Each clip is about a minute.

Thanks for any recommendations!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Thank you! I was just googling and that came up! I'll give it a try
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    It's not critical, but do you know if Shocut or other software that has the ability to create something like you see in this video? https://youtu.be/bwaMr24Ojc8 or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkW7x93bBto

The way there's that kind of banner. Ideally I can make something really soft that displays the names of the person in the video. Maybe that's too advanced. Would love if I could get something like that on the screen for the first 5 seconds, then it fades away. If not, a blank screen with text would work, it looks like shocut you can put text right on the video, I'll fool around with that option.

Thanks again
    Quote Quote  
  4. Shotcut Menu: Open Other -> Text
    Type your text and drag the preview window onto the video timeline, or drag it onto a new timeline. Select one of the presets for some effects, or create you own fade-in/fade-out, overlaps etc.

Or select the filter "Text: Rich" on the opened video, type in the text, size it, edit it, position it ...., or select a preset .....
    Last edited by Sharc; 16th Apr 2022 at 02:02.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks to all this was a great recommendation. I learned so much, shotcut was perfect for my needs. I had 45 files to edit and ultimately combine. From fixing vertical videos, editing audio with an inappropriate word, transitions, still title photo, adding music. Really cool software.

One question, is there an easy way to make all the audio the same level? In some clips you can barely hear voices, others the music is too loud. I know I can adjust the gain if I do them individually on each clip, but is there an easy way to take a 40 minute video and make all the audio about the same level with shotcut? That would be the perfect final touch.

Thanks again to everyone!
    Quote Quote