VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi guys

i have recorded 4K HEVC satelite feed of this World Cup and i dont have idea how to play it because it all freezes a lot. I have cutted one little part 30sec so if someone with some good pc could try it .. i would like to know how strong my pc needs to be to play it right..

http://dropmefiles.com/UTE68
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You'll definitely need a monitor capable of 4K display or your PC's video card (and possibly CPU) will waste a lot of processing power scaling the 4K video down to what it can display. Off the top of my head, which means it could be wrong, I'd guess you'd need a bare minimum of a 4 core CPU of some type. With a quick search it's hard to get exact specs because basically everybody who's playing it is using really beefed up video cards that support it, but one site said that a 4 core i7 CPU was the bare minimum on the Intel side and if you use AMD you need more GPU power.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi!
    Use DivX player;
    Also features an outdoor OpenCL decoder (test) for AMD > http://xhevc.com/en/downloads/downloadCenter.jsp - only not indicated the possibility of stable playback 4k
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Thanx for reply.

did anyone of you guys tryed it on your pc and did it work well?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Lentoid seems not decode correctly with your sample video. FFmpeg based decoder (LAV, Potplayer's built-in) including VLC seems to work but the decoding performance is not enough to play it smoothly. It looks almost impossible to play it smoothly at the meantime.

I did not test DiVX player though.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by kasda View Post
    Thanx for reply.

did anyone of you guys tryed it on your pc and did it work well?
    with ffplayer video seem to be decoded, and audio seem to be corrupted but perhaps my computer was to slow (or it was issue with audio track as it was SMPTE302m 2.3Mbps), ffplay tool reported lot of issues - perhaps stream is partially corrupted.
    Last edited by pandy; 24th Jul 2014 at 09:13.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The video is 60 fps and contains two audio tracks. The audio tracks are muted. The file is likely corrupted. MPC-HC freezes. TsMuxer won't demux.

Ironically, I can import and edit the clip in Aviutl thought the audio track is silent. I exported to Mpeg-2 just to see what it should look like.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    i cant get audio (thats strange, maybe i first need to decode DolbyE?), but can get video with HPC .. even it freezes a lot there is a normal picture

here are few screenshots
    http://i65.fastpic.ru/big/2014/0724/7d/a34d56dafa9cfe3e34495d1578f23f7d.jpg
    http://i66.fastpic.ru/big/2014/0724/e6/31151d9a239ee0649f4913bd871742e6.jpg
    http://i65.fastpic.ru/big/2014/0724/2e/0c42eac992647efc1c5faa59bba8d62e.jpg

(screenshots are bad because i put them to .jpg --- in .png screenshots are 17Mb and bigger)

i have the whole closing ceremony and the match after in 4K but its difficult to play it
    Quote Quote  
  9. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kasda View Post
    i cant get audio (thats strange, maybe i first need to decode DolbyE?),
    I still haven't read or heard of any software decoder for Dolby E

i have the whole closing ceremony and the match after in 4K but its difficult to play it
    Then convert it to H.264, or to Xvid , problem solved ^_^

(neither MPEG-2 nor VC-1 support 4K, as far as I know)
    Quote Quote  
  10. Video seem to be OK, did conversion to something less demanding and it is smooth and without visible distortions.
    Audio is different story as being SMPTE302M it can be not only Dolby E.
    Quote Quote  
  11. https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=48511

Apparently vlc can decode it. Maybe you can save it out from vlc with conversion. What is it anyway? 8 channel audio?
    Quote Quote  
  12. This clip needs quad core Intel procesor to play without freezing. I just tried on my Pentium G3220 (two cores, 3GHz) using 64-bit LAV Video Decoder and it can decode it at 21fps without any render. Using 32-bit LAV Decoder is even worse, 10fps. Since this is 59,94fps clip you will probably need Core I7 processor for smooth playback.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by kasda View Post
    4K HEVC, how to play it?
    Wait five years. Buy a new computer. Play it.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search PM
    thank you all for reply!

so, at the end .. video works fine with some "stronger pc", but audio doesnt works anywhere?

this is the first time for me to hear about "SMPTE302M", will try to google it
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by kasda View Post
    thank you all for reply!

so, at the end .. video works fine with some "stronger pc", but audio doesnt works anywhere?

this is the first time for me to hear about "SMPTE302M", will try to google it
    Transcode to something else - H.264 perhaps MJPEG, SMPTE302M is a standard that covering transport "non-PCM" i.e. compressed audio over AES interface (very similar to S/PDIF) - it can be everything for example mentioned Dolby E.
    Last edited by pandy; 25th Jul 2014 at 03:56.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes just transcode it into something you can handle. I don't know what HEVC encoder was used, but the quality is lousy anyway with too many compression artifacts everywhere. This is the poorest quality 4k encoding I've seen yet, they should have just used AVC.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Core I7? Even Cheap Chinese phones / mobile processor give us 4K HEVC > mediatek 6592.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Gravitator View Post
    Core I7? Even Cheap Chinese phones / mobile processor give us 4K HEVC > mediatek 6592.
    Yeah, right.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  19. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I didn't get any artifacts but the video ran way out of whack like it didn't have a proper seeking track.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by Gravitator View Post
    Not in pc world yet.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I can play it using potplayer latest version. CPU i7 4960 GPU GTX Titan
    Quote Quote  
  22. valkryie, do you have installed any directshow H265 decoder installed on your sistem, LAV Video decoder or something else? If you could do a performance test with graphstudionext and post obtained fps without using render?

I tried with 32bit and 64bit LAV Decoder and get 10fps and 21fps on this clip and Pentium G3220.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
    Yes just transcode it into something you can handle. I don't know what HEVC encoder was used, but the quality is lousy anyway with too many compression artifacts everywhere. This is the poorest quality 4k encoding I've seen yet, they should have just used AVC.
    This is official FIFA 4K FEED for BBC, NHK Japan and Cinemas around the Europe. I dont belive the quality is bad, its something with your pc probably.
    Quote Quote  
  24. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Detmek View Post
    If you could do a performance test with graphstudionext and post obtained fps without using render?
    Decoder performance tests through the "NULL Renderer" are useless and misleading. Besides the performance bottleneck in the actual video renderers themselves, there may exist the bottleneck of a buggy splitter as well --- and none of these possible problems will appear when you run the performance test without displaying the decoded images
    Quote Quote  
  25. True, but render scaling algorithms affect performance and it is hard to compare obtained fps if we test with different renders. Also, some renders have capped max fps so, even if CPU can decode faster, results would be capped by renders limitation. Not to mention that, if render uses GPU performance will depend on GPU strength. Too many variables we don't know but need to match if we use render.

Buggy software can be fixed, we need to test hardware's (CPU) raw power.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This is official FIFA 4K FEED for BBC, NHK Japan and Cinemas around the Europe. I dont belive the quality is bad, its something with your pc probably.
    It looks good while playing. The compression artifacts are only evident when you extract a frame and view it at 100%. Your examples also show this, especially the first screenshot.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search PM
    The compression artifacts are only evident when you extract a frame and view it at 100%. Your examples also show this, especially the first screenshot.

Well, like i told you - screenshots are bad because 1st - i cant play the file smooth and everything freezes (including the screenshots), 2nd - its in .jpg which reduce quality more then 10 times (in .jpg screenshots are 1.5mb, in .png screenshots are 17mb and more).. so all this artifacts that you see its actually because bad pc configuration... this is official feed of FIFA and i am sure that if you could play it in some 4k TV human eye could not see any artifacts

i have the same FIFA official feed in HD (35Mbits) and if i play it on some bad pc configuration i would also see "compression artifacts", even its not actually artifacts
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by kasda View Post
    so all this artifacts that you see its actually because bad pc configuration
    No. It's a crappy encoding. Too low a bitrate for the material.
    Quote Quote  
  29. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Well, like i told you - screenshots are bad because 1st - i cant play the file smooth and everything freezes (including the screenshots), 2nd - its in .jpg which reduce quality more then 10 times (in .jpg screenshots are 1.5mb, in .png screenshots are 17mb and more)..
    You can upload the PNGs to this forum, there is no need for a dubious image sharing service
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    No. It's a crappy encoding. Too low a bitrate for the material.
    Nope. Google on the internet. From BBC they also said before that bitrate will be much lover then HD FEED. And it was. Because they used HEVC they dont need such a huge bitrate like normal HD FEED.

This is recorded from Eutelsat 5w .. official EBU satelite frequency where this FIFA 4K FEED was broadcasted.

They didnt have any complain about the picture, actually there are thousands articles on the internet that 4K from Brazil was amazing.

Here is a little bit more about that 4K FEED:

The World Cup Final was transmitted to cinemagoers in London in Ultra HD using the High Efficiency Video Coding compression format, the third match from Brazil 2014 to be shot in 4K.

The presentation, at the Vue Westfield cinema in west London, was open to the public (who were able to get free tickets online), and was a collaboration between Sony, which did the 4K production at Rio’s Maracana stadium, and Vue Entertainment, which has fitted all of its cinemas with Sony’s 4K digital projectors.

They also worked with technical partners Eutelsat, which did the uplink from Rio, DSAT Cinema (a joint-venture between Eutelsat and dcinex that serves more than 8,000 digital screens across Europe) and IDC (International Datacasting, which provided the 4K HEVC decoders).

Sony had previously run one match from Rio as a technical trial for its own engineers, before showing the Germany-France quarter final match to journalists (including the Beyond HD newsletter) and broadcasters at Vue. The matches involved a multipoint transmission, as they also went to Eutelsat and DSAT Cinema test facilities, and to broadcasters, such as the BBC, who used the images for their own UHD testing.

Eutelsat received the signal from Brazil at its teleport near Paris, re-encoded it in Ultra HD HEVC at 60fps, and retransmitted it via the Eutelsat 5 West A satellite for direct distribution to the cinema. Being able to shoot and display at 60p meant that the action looked crisper and less blurred, and meant no standards conversion.

IDC provided the 4K UHD HEVC video decoder and professional satellite receiver installed in the cinema, receiving the 4K satellite feed and delivering the video and audio signal to the Sony theatre projector and audio system respectively. IDC is developing a 4K UHD system as part of a joint development programme with the European Space Agency, the goal of which is to enable the cost-effective delivery of live broadcasts via satellite to home and cinema screens using HEVC.

The images were displayed using Sony’s SRX-R320 4K digital cinema projection system, which were fitted with new input cards for the occasion.

The use of HEVC “wasn’t without some risks, as we’re still using prototype technology. IDC did a fabulous job in getting that technology to a maturity that made us feel confident that we could use it for today,” said David Bush, marketing director, Sony Professional Solutions Europe (pictured speaking to guests in front of the 4K projection). It was felt that it was an achievable milestone, and one they should aim for.

There were some problems during set up, specifically with making sure the sound was in sync, as it was going through a long chain of different equipment, some of which were prototypes. These were overcome in time for the Germany-France match, where the only oddity, from a cinema-going perspective, was the shape of the screen, which being 16:9 looked too tall on the big screen, where you’d be more accustomed to a wider view. Although, it did look great on the Sony TV sets, productions intended for cinema might be better shot at the digital cinema 4K standard to make the most of the cinematic potential.

FIFA TV is producing an Official 2014 FIFA World Cup Film in 4K, which will include match footage from each of the three games captured shot with the F55s, and will be distributed online by FIFA via 4K content distribution services. Sony is also showing World Cup highlights in some of its stores across Europe, on its UHD TV sets, such as the 95-inch Bravia X95, which was demonstrated in the Vue lobby during the events.

There were about 45 people dedicated to the 4K production, including Sony staff, its long-term 4K collaborators Telegenic (who also worked on the Confederations Cup trial last year), and personnel from Brazil’s Globosat, which recently built its first 4K production vehicle.

The matches were shot as a parallel production in UHD, using 12 F55 4K cameras, plus one F65 camera, which was used for 2x (120fps) slow-motion shots. This high-speed update to the F65 was shown for the first time at NAB and has only recently started being used for real productions.

Sony was also responsible for the provision of all HD facilities in each of the 12 venues across Brazil, including systems integration, equipment and staff for all 32 matches.
    http://www.tvbeurope.com/world-cup-transmitted-4k-hevc/
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!