VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have no audio after burning movie to disc, I tried using Nero vision and windows Movie maker and there is no audio on the disc when I play it on my Ssmsung BRplayer connected to my TV and no audio when I play the disc on my computer either. I tried using DVD flick and now it will works in the DVD player on my PC but still won't work on the Samsung player connected to my TV?

Does anyone have any suggestions what the problem could be? Missing a codec or something?

Edit: Alright what a messed up situation.... After trying a few older burned Movies that worked before, they don't seem to work anymore on the Samsung BR player. This started when my old Samsung LCD died and I bought a cheap Dynex to replace it until we got the money for a better TV. Anyways I disconnected the HDMI cable from my Samsung BR player to my TV and connected the component cables and now the older DVD's play with sound and the movie I burned with DVD flick works! but the other two DVD's that I burned with Movie maker/Nero vision still have no audio??

So I guess it's a combination of problems:

1. Why is there no audio when I burn movies using Nero vision and Windows Movie Maker?

2. Why doesn't the audio work for burned DVD's using the HDMI cable?It works with the Blu ray discs.

Thanks for any help!
    Last edited by Rampage Jackson; 19th Aug 2012 at 10:57.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is this dts audio? Your tv won't play dts audio. Also a dts only dvd is technically against the specs and some players might have issues with it - your supposed to have at least a ac3 or mp2 audio track on it - pcm would work. (dts only dvds will play but there might be an odd dvd player that wouldn't do it without the other audio track - also you need a dts receiver to play it back). - edit for dvds it would be plain dts not dts master audio which is for bluray and high def video files.

What did you use to convert the video? What was the original audio in the original file?

A suggested conversion path would be to use avstodvd to convert the video to dvd and then use imgburn to burn the video_ts folder (both freeware programs).
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. The original .AVI file is AC-3, I used the encoders in NERO/Windows movie maker/ DVD flick to convert the movie to DVD.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Component cables don't carry audio. I assume you mean stereo audio-cables to listen stereo on the tv?

I doubt the problem is in Nero or MovieMaker. It can be in the audio-settings of your player. In many menu's one can select for different audio-streams to be processed differently. See and try if in audio settings it's possible to set to PCM stereo-downmix or something called like that. If that doesn't work there should always be a way to connect video and audio analogly.
    The manual could be of help.

Cheers
    Ennio
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Rampage Jackson View Post
    I have no audio after burning movie to disc, I tried using Nero vision and windows Movie maker and there is no audio on the disc when I play it on my Ssmsung BRplayer connected to my TV and no audio when I play the disc on my computer either. I tried using DVD flick and now it will works in the DVD player on my PC but still won't work on the Samsung player connected to my TV?
    Some thoughts:

When you experience a problem on both your PC and a standard disc player, that problem is 99% likely to be caused by the DVD authoring software, in this case Nero which can sometimes create wacky out-of-spec DVDs.

DVDflick tends to be more reliable at authoring in-spec DVDs, but as yoda313 suggested "is this dts audio? Your tv won't play dts audio. Also a dts only dvd is technically against the specs and some players might have issues with it." Double-check the audio submenu of the DVDflick-authored disc: the DVDflick menu creator is a bit funky and doesn't always master a dvd with the correct default audio setting. If you didn't use the menu option, and the DVD simply autoplays with no initial menu display, that can be yet another compatibility glitch: some hardware players really don't like menu-less DVDs and will behave strangely when playing them.

BluRay players make CRAP dvd players: one of the dirty little BluRay secrets everyone sweeps under the rug. They'll competently play most Hollywood pressed DVDs, but there are complaints galore about BluRay set tops having issues with PC or DVD-recorder burned dvds. You can try fooling with the sound menu settings on the player and/or TV, but I would also recommend trying a DVD-only player (like a portable) to see if you get sound out of it. (Also try a Sony PS3, which is one of the most forgiving hardware players available.) This may simply be an issue with your Samsung player, or a conflict in the connection between Samsung player and Dynex TV. HDMI is not the "idiot-proof" connection the industry would have us believe: there are plenty hardware incompatibilities and some TVs (like Sony) can require constant re-plugging of HDMI to maintain audio stability.

Finally, any tool MicroSoft provides is generally suspect. Windows Movie Maker is very popular with consumers but loaded with traps for the unwary. A lot of video issues people experience can be directly traced to Windows Movie Maker being part of their workflow, esp audio glitches.
    Last edited by orsetto; 8th Sep 2012 at 10:27.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks for the help, I haven't tried making any more DVD's lately...we just got a new TV (42 plasma) that has a USB port I have been just copying my movies over to my USB flash drive and plugging it into the USB port on my Plasma. It has been working well and has played every format so far that I have tried, way easier than encoding and burning disc's.

We are using an old Blue ray player that could be the problem, I will try one of my other DVD players and see if the other burned disc work.
    Quote Quote