VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have some videos with eac3-JOC audio and my receiver doesn't recognize that format. Its firmware is up to date.

I figure it would be easy to convert the audio to another format (with loss) but I have not been successful.

1) eac3to 3.34 doesn't support JOC.
    2) avidemux converted it but the resulting mkv had a huge audio offset.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

jon
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  3. Tried the install, lots of red -- lots of missing tools (not included with install)...

Have you actually used this app to successfully convert eac3-JOC? If not, I'm not going to waste time hunting down all the missing tools just to find out it doesn't work...

Any other ideas?
    Last edited by jond; 30th Sep 2020 at 19:08.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Tools are here https://www.dropbox.com/s/hcr3sfeccvb116o/AudioConverterTools.zip?dl=1

More detailed info here http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showthread.php?tid=20887

ie Visit the developers page! Would seem logical to me
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Audacity with ffmeg installer will convert it to 5.1 dd ac3.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    JOC refers to "Joint Object Coding" which means its a hybrid that used both the standard AC3/EAC3/DD+/TrueHD AND Atmos coding sections to provide the complete sound.
    You won't be able to decode the Atmos portion, as there are NO tools for doing such. Nearest you could do would be to use an Atmos decoder (in your playback device or amp) to render to uncompressed streams, and then re-capture that. This would in a sense "LOCK" it to your Atmos decoder's expected speaker layout, so not optimal to pass along to others (if that was your intention).

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    Audacity with ffmeg installer will convert it to 5.1 dd ac3.
    I'm not a power Audacity user -- when I attempt to export the audio, it warns me it will mix to a single mono channel.

Clearly I'm missing some Audacity settings to get 5.1 dd ac3...
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You have to go into audacity edit/preferences/import/export and check 'use advance mixing option' and when you export remember to set the bitrate at 640kbps and the project rate is 48khz.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote