VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, so here's my question, is it possible to like rip appart an element, such as a picture or anything really. Which effect should be used, how ?

If I have a picture for example and I want to make it rip appart and fall on the bottom of the screen for example, I don't know how to do such a thing but I would like to.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Hiroshime View Post
    Hi, so here's my question, is it possible to like rip appart an element, such as a picture or anything really. Which effect should be used, how ?

If I have a picture for example and I want to make it rip appart and fall on the bottom of the screen for example, I don't know how to do such a thing but I would like to.

Thanks
    Vegas is mainly a video editor - so not really.

Or it won't look realistic or very good. To do this properly , you would usually use a 3D program and a cloth or physics simulation . You can import that into vegas to edit as part of your main project

But it depends what you had in mind exactly. "rip apart a picture" implies something thin, like cloth or paper . Not an object like a car

You can use alpha channel mattes, as pre-rendered cloth tearing simulations, that you can import into vegas - but it doesn't look very realistic, and it might take awhile to find one you exactly like that "falls to the ground" and stays there, instead of disappearing. You can find rendered "tear transitions" on various sites to purchase .
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You need software with a particle generator like HitFilm.
    Quote Quote