VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a promotional video in flv format. The soundtrack is currently in English, but I want to have versions in other languages. Does anyone know how I can strip out the present soundtrack & add in a new one?

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. It depends on the type of video & audio in the flv container. If you don't know, you can use mediainfo

Avidemux will work for many types; other tools that may assist with this are flvextract, and ffmpeg (command line tool). ffmpeg will work for 99% of the usual types of flv
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the speedy reply, I analysed the file using MediaInfo. It gave the following output:

Format : Flash Video
    File size : 6.23 MiB
    Duration : 3mn 20s
    Overall bit rate : 259 Kbps
    totalduration : 201.968
    totaldatarate : 259.186
    bytelength : 6543679.000
    canseekontime : Yes
    sourcedata : B4A7DD1C7

Video
    Format : H.263
    Duration : 3mn 22s
    Bit rate : 187 Kbps
    Width : 320 pixels
    Height : 180 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16/9
    Frame rate : 24.613 fps
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.132

Audio
    Format : MPEG Audio
    Format version : Version 2
    Format profile : Layer 3
    Duration : 3mn 22s
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 64.0 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 1 channel
    Sampling rate : 22.05 KHz
    Resolution : 16 bits
    Writing library : LAME3.97 (beta)
    Quote Quote  
  4. You might have difficulties, because the video might be VFR (variable frame rate). The odd frame rate suggests this might be the case.

If you use flvextract, it will generate a timecodes txt file, which you can examine. If the intervals vary, you have a VFR video. Basically it speeds up and slows down at different intervals, and it will be difficult to get back into sync as a .flv file (you could do it with .mkv or .mp4 easier, because you just mux it back into the container with the same timecodes file)

You can try avidemux, it will only be in sync if the video is CFR (constant frame rate)

video=>set to copy
    audio=>set to copy
    format=>set to flv

audio (top menu)=>main track=>audio source=>external MP3 (point to the audio file you want to "swap")

press save with extension (e.g. "mynewvideo.flv")
    Quote Quote