VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have dell dimension e310 and I am just trying to listen to TV audio out of my PC speakers. I have a 2 RCA to 3.5mm audio cable that I am connecting to the line in of my intergrated sound. I can hear sound come out of the speakers but it is very loud. Looking at the volume control properties, it looks like I outputting to speaker using input monitor. I’m guessing this cause the volume slider is jacked way up. Unfortunately, it is also greyed out. I also can record sound just fine, using the line-in. It’s just playback that is the issue. Any ideas on how I can ungrey it? Here is the audio driver I am using currently. My OS is Windows XP Home.

SIGMATEL STAC 92XX C-Major HD Audio

Release Date: 12/20/2005
    Version: 5.10.0.4823, A05
    Quote Quote  
  2. since that computer doesn't have speaker out jacks, i'd use the headphone out on the front to connect ot the speakers. that should allow you to adjust volume with the normal slider.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by minidv2dvd
    since that computer doesn't have speaker out jacks, i'd use the headphone out on the front to connect ot the speakers. that should allow you to adjust volume with the normal slider.
    Thanks for the response!

I do have a line out for my sound, which I am connecting to my speakers. I did also try the headphone jack, and it is the same way(controlled by input monitor). This looks like what Dell is using to output when plugging in a source to line in...... Sound is still loud and I can't change the volume.

Any other ideas?
    Quote Quote