VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi...

this is what i have done...

Downloaded a DVD-9 Movie in MKV format...

I re-encoded the DTS audio to AC3 to fit in the DVD-9

I followed the guide to convert from: http://www.itheater.info/jointops/guides/bd/

but i get an extra green spot on the bottom of the picture like this:

So...what the hell is wrong...

and yes, i did the Hex mod thing and checked with BDedit

2. So...what the hell is wrong...

You didn't buy it..

Search Comp PM
    ...and you have no clue how it was actually encoded either (reference frames, b-pyramids, etc.). The guide helps, but if the video stream isn't BD compliant to begin with, don't expect perfection.
    I hate VHS. I always did.

4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You downloaded crud and you have been slimed. That's why it's green. Oh well, look at the bright side. You could have downloaded something much worse than green slime on your screen.

5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That is not the point...

the point is that IT IS NOT WORKING AS IT SUPPOSE TO DO...

can someone please contact the writer of the program please...

thanks...

Oh, and by the way...

I DO HAVE THE MOVIE IN DVD, AND VHS...AND I ORDERED TWO HOURS AGO IN BLU-RAY FROM TARGET...

6. Originally Posted by carlitos287
    That is not the point...

the point is that IT IS NOT WORKING AS IT SUPPOSE TO DO...

can someone please contact the writer of the program please...

thanks...

Oh, and by the way...

I DO HAVE THE MOVIE IN DVD, AND VHS...AND I ORDERED TWO HOURS AGO IN BLU-RAY FROM TARGET...
    You should report this to the author, since you know the details of the steps you took. You can post here:
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=134104

Search Comp PM
    Guides like that don't turn water into wine if the water isn't pure and doesn't have certain elements to begin with. The best you can expect with badly encoded...err badly distilled water is maybe mediocre drinkability but it's quite likely .... never mind.

...strange that you download a movie that you have on DvD, VHS and are about to buy on BD...

8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Puzzler wrote,
    "strange that you download a movie that you have on DvD, VHS and are about to buy on BD... "
    Well maybe he does own it on DVD,vhs,and is now willing to spend $ on BD...
    @OP try with mkv2vob........
    and btw, HA! HA! HA! HA! HA? etc...now that's strange.....
    " Who needs Google, my wife knows everything"

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by t0nee1
    Well maybe he does own it on DVD,vhs,and is now willing to spend $ on BD...
    Did I say he doesn't own it?
    and btw, HA! HA! HA! HA! HA? etc...now that's strange.....
    ...laughing at avatars that look like they've been drinking that p...err, impure water... :P

10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i downloaded it from the internet for "experimental purposes"...i wanted to know for sure if there was really a BD-5/BD-9...

oh, and BTW...my movie arrived today...i only watched the extras on how they were able to create the special effects...

11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Carlitos287, just so you understand, anytime someone starts a post by saying, "I downloaded XYZ from the Internet", they will be jumped on. This site doesn't participate in helping people with Warez. It's illegal and it's a good way to get into trouble. Don't wave a red flag or you will find a herd of bulls after you. When you responded in all caps, that is the same as shouting in netiquette. Then you add to it by asking someone to contact the author of the program to ask them to "fix it". You're not going to make many friends that way.

12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    puzzler wrote,
    ..laughing at avatars that look like they've been drinking that p...err, impure sick.gif water... laugh.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! ... HA? ... HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA !HA!HA! that's very funny,now do you have something actually helpful to contribute ?....and leave the moderating to the Administrator/mods.......I'm out....
    " Who needs Google, my wife knows everything"

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by t0nee1
    puzzler wrote,
    ..laughing at avatars that look like they've been drinking that p...err, impure sick.gif water... laugh.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! ... HA? ... HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA !HA!HA! that's very funny,now do you have something actually helpful to contribute ?....and leave the moderating to the Administrator/mods.......I'm out....
    Well actually the HA! HA! HA! etc is a take on the Riddler/Joker...and PuzZLeR, and a very funny bit I did on a radio show...if only you can hear it in person you won't sleep for a week! And what's there to moderate anyway? BTW I do happen to be a Mod at DivX and let much worse go than a playful little jabbing...(and I'm waiting for somebody to traditionally blow gas real soon...) Hopefully our next exchange will be regarding video... :P Be cool. Later my friend.

@Carlitos287: SCDVD couldn't have said it better. Enjoy your new disc (...wish I could get that fast a delivery in Canada). Peace.

...I'm done with this thread too.

Search Comp PM
    Again, all that got bolded from your post is wrong & illegal whatever you post now.

Better follow the forum rules instead nagging.............

Originally Posted by carlitos287
    Hi...

this is what i have done...

Downloaded a DVD-9 Movie in MKV format...

I re-encoded the DTS audio to AC3 to fit in the DVD-9

I followed the guide to convert from: http://www.itheater.info/jointops/guides/bd/

but i get an extra green spot on the bottom of the picture like this:

So...what the hell is wrong...

and yes, i did the Hex mod thing and checked with BDedit

15. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Buy it on BLU-RAY.