VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, I joined this forum hoping toget some help converting movies from SVCD and Avi's to DVD format.

I have tried a couple of different tutorials on how to do this but keep getting stuck. I don't know if I'm missing codecs or my prgrams or at fault, or it's just me. I think it's most likely the later

In the first tutorial I used I was going fine until I got to Besweet, and it just wouldn't convert to AC3 sound. It wouldn't even start to work everytime I tried to conver it. I pushed the button, nothing happend

And On the second one, I tried converting a AVSQE using Mainconcept mpeg converter using a different tutorial. And I got a error straight away.

Now all's I'm trying to do is convert to DVD format and get the best quality possible, with 5.1 surround sound.

I got this really good tutorial but not sure what's happening with Besweet, and can't get past that step. But the thing is, that tutorial only works with AVI's

So I'm hoping someone can make some sence out of all this and would be willing to help
    As I don't know where else to try.

Maybe even if I could talk to someone on msn about it that know's that would be even better, thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Don't try and run before you can walk!

Pick one type of source material (I suggest Avi) and start by doing the simpler conversions. That is to DVD compliant mpeg with PCM or Mp2 sound, forget Ac3 to start with. Once you have got that process worked out, then take the next step of adding Ac3 sound. Then look at putting SVCD's on DVD if thats what you want (they don't generally need to be re-encoded you know).

There are many ways of achieveing things in this world and different methods are favoured by different people. Find one that works for you, then add to it and refine it as required, but don't try and do it all at once!
    Quote Quote  
  3. see your PM for info

Tom
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Regarding your BeSweet problem, I've had the same and found this topic:

https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=191230&highlight=

Baldrick's comment may prove useful.

Good luck...
    There is some corner of a foreign field that is forever England: Telstra Stadium, Sydney, 22/11/2003.

Carpe diem.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks for the replies guys. But I think I have to get this Be Sweet working before I can do anyhting. And it's jsut not working for me.

I did that thing that you recommended Daamon but it still won't work for me and don't understand why

I go start and it goes through the Wizard and I push go, abut nothing happens

I think if I could get this working, I should be able to do it with this walk through I have.

And thanks for the PM Tompearson. But I want to stick to this tutorial if I can, because it supposed to convert to DVD and make the movie a bit clearer then it was. And I hear others you lose picture quality ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

Try using BeSweet, but not with the wizard. The only way I found of switching Wizard -> GUI is to open the Wizard and untick the box in the rop-right corner (took me ages) - the one to the right of "Step 1 of 5". See pic:

Then close the Wizard and re-launch. There are guides that tell you how to do WAV - AC3 on the left.

I'm at the point where I can produce a file, but it doesn't playback any sound (despite the time counter ticking over in Windows Media Player).

AVI Codec says I have the following AC3 codec installed:

"0x2000;AC-3 ACM Decompressor;0.4 .0;AC3ACM"

GSpot gives me this:

Does any one have any ideas? In case johnmiceter comes across it too...
    There is some corner of a foreign field that is forever England: Telstra Stadium, Sydney, 22/11/2003.

Carpe diem.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.
    Quote Quote