VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    It's pretty much the last thing i need to complete my capture workflow, and want a good signal with no crackles or interference when capturing my video tapes.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How much you want to spend?
    Try these guys
    https://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/audio/index.htm
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I'd also recommend bluejeanscable products. But any good quality audio cable should also work OK. I don't usually recommend Monster brand cables.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    In the past I have used Hosas. Decent connectors, flexible cable, never had a problem. And not very expensive.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Monoprice is reputable too, Some expensive cables are so just for the cool look. Rule of thumb good shielded cables is your goal not the looks and keep your cables as short as possible. I personally put the capture device right on top of the VCR and I use 1 foot S-Video and RCA audio cables that didn't cost me more than $20 combined.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    I have had mixed results with Monoprice. Bought a bunch of s-video cables from them with out-of-spec connectors. Almost ruined my jacks.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    I've had cables from sources other than Monoprice and they were tight as well, In my personal experience the ones that come with VCR's back in the day are the ones that fit perfectly, When they reinvented the wheel and made new molds for them they screwed up the specs. Anyway wherever you buy them from just make sure they have a good return policy.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks guys, i just went for the blue jeans cable. 1 meter long should be enough. Already have S-Video cables from Pearstone, so i'm all set,
    Quote Quote