VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have MKVToolNix GUI v17.0.0. I insert my file. I go to output and say "after specific timestamps". I need to trim off the first 4 seconds of a video. It seems the minimum it will do is 13 seconds. If I do over 13 seconds it splits it fine, but anything under 13 seconds it trims my video file to 13 seconds.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It depends on position of KEYFRAME. If you want precision cut, you will have to re encode the video.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  3. Or use a "smart cutter" like Solveigmm Video Splitter and just encode around the cut(s) and copy the rest.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I actually found something already. I was browing my hard drive since I haven't done stuff like this in awhile, but know I have other software lying around. Turns out I have MKV Cutter in my Downloads folder. It was very easy to use, took only a few seconds. Just say where cut start was, hit add to cut list, hit commit cut list, select a output folder and a temp folder and done.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It works in same way as Videobruger software suggested, but glad you manage it. It looks like good program and for free!

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  6. Search "Split Large Video into Small Parts by File Length" on Google, choose one software you like to split video file.
    Quote Quote