VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've downloaded an English subtitle file that is timed perfectly to work with the film I have. When I look at the file with Jubler it is all in English. However when I play the film with this English subtitle file, it becomes French. I am playing the film with VLC. I run the Mac OS system. I first thought that VLC was caching another subtitle file, but when I open the same film with a different video player that I'd never used to play the film, it still switched to French. So caching is not the problem. Sometimes, though very rarely, it displays subtitles in English.

Can I use Jubler or Aegisub to permanently disable the French subtitles or even remove them? How can I even see the French in these two programs?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    possibly are french subtitles part of container (audio. video, french subtitles) And have higher priority. Try in VLC add subtitles in Subtitles section and see if something changes. If is it mkv file, you can try open it in Mkvtoolnix, uncheck subtitles and remux, so you get rid of them.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks, the MKVtoolnix seems to have solved the problem. The other subtitles were labelled Dutch, which I understand, so that is how I watched the film last night. Removing both subtitles seems to work right now. Thanks again for your help.
    Quote Quote