VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. My problem:
    Even with all recommended "Trade quality for performance" options selected and fairly tame filtering I still get low performance (~15 fps when I should be getting at the very least 24, i.e, 10 frame drops per second). I really doubt a setup this old and widely-used takes hardware this good to run minimally well.

My bulid: ~2-3 year old ASUS gaming laptop with
    • MPC-HC with LAV, madVR, CCCP, XYsubfilter and ASSmod (because they don't always both work)
    • i7-6700HQ @ 2.60 GHz
    • GTX 960 (4 GB)
    • 16 GB DDR4 RAM
    • 1TB HDD and 128GB SSD
    • Windows 10
    Probably useful info:
    • It uses up nearly all of my GPU's time (yes, the dedicated GPU) but not so much the CPU
    • Most of the GPU usage is for 3D (and a little bit for decoding)
    • I have Vsync enabled but it doesn't seem to improve performance at all
    • Integrated Graphics don't do anything (can't use both GPU's at once for the same thing)
    • Render time is fairly low at the start of the video file leading me to suspect the GPU stores unnecessary frames (maybe changing GPU flush settings could help?)
    • madVR takes too long to render the frames, which is the likely cause of his issue.
      Using CTRL+J I see frame render time usually hovers 70ms when it should take at most 1/24 ~ 42ms

Here's a link to my madVR and LAV settings
    Quote Quote  
  2. Your settings are pretty advanced. Create a folder called "ShowRenderSteps" within the madvr folder. Then the OSD (CTRL+J) will show where the time is spent.

You say at the beginnung of the video render times are ok, then too long. Is your GPU being throttled because it overheats/uses too much power? Did you monitor your GPU clock rates/power state yet?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    Your settings are pretty advanced. Create a folder called "ShowRenderSteps" within the madvr folder. Then the OSD (CTRL+J) will show where the time is spent.

You say at the beginnung of the video render times are ok, then too long. Is your GPU being throttled because it overheats/uses too much power? Did you monitor your GPU clock rates/power state yet?
    GPU doens't seem to be throttled. Core clock stays pretty much constant, not to mention I have no energy saving options enabled, so I doubt it's a power issue.

"ShowRenderSteps" seems pretty useful but I can't see all of the text (too many lines). Any way I can display all of them / log them?
    Quote Quote