VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My computer programs close so slowly that I have to wait for like five minutes or so before I can turn off my computer. I’ve tried uninstalling useless programs but it still the same.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    http://kb.iu.edu/data/aenb.html this may help...and with the little info on your specs it would be hard for much more help.(what is imba dada)
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Virus, trojan, defrag, cleanup.....the "things you should do/check for" list is LONG.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Other possibilities ... registry bloat, drive performance.

Connected usb devices such as mass storage can cause slow boot and shutdowns ... consider only connecting such devices when actually required.

1: Advanced SystemCare ... can keep most refuge out of the works.
    2: Malwarebytes ... Can find and remove trojan's where antivirus may have failed.
    3: Active@ Hard Disk Monitor ... If the drive falls below 75% raw value its due for replacement.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I would recommend running Malwarebytes and CCleaner and then running a complete defrag (check if your system files are fragmented). You could download a good commercial defrag demo and set it to run completely. It worked for me - my startup and shutdown are a lot smoother now.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Have you ever tried disk cleanup? It works when programs close slowly. Just go to Start and Run, and type in cleanmgr.exe in the text box. Press Enter and run it.
    flying without wings
    Quote Quote