VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, I bought the above-mentioned video grabber, I installed what was there from the cd, I connected the SONY CCD-TR490E PAL camera in order to download the content to a laptop with windows 10 and the image shown in the picture appears, I also tried on others programs, VCL, virtual dub, unlead video studio and the same, I changed PAL systems, resolutions, etc., etc., which may be the cause of this situation, I also changed the cable.

Quote Quote  
  2. Maybe that DVR encrypts the video. Most do.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well seeing the actual error pic might help.

But I suspect that video grabber is just an easycap >> easycrap << clone (DC60 is the clue here). Some work. Most do not.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Junk hardware, junk software with no frame synchronizer, Try AmarecTV or Vdub they have frame sync functionality in a form of adding or dropping frames. But it may not fix that half frame syndrome, it is usually a hardware issue, the VBI is so corrupt from the tape it cannot lock on it.

Edit:

Does the camcorder have line TBC feature? If so turn it on and see what happens.
    Last edited by dellsam34; 26th Aug 2021 at 12:44. Reason: Added a question
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by dellsam34 View Post
    Junk hardware, junk software with no frame synchronizer, Try AmarecTV or Vdub they have frame sync functionality in a form of adding or dropping frames. But it may not fix that half frame syndrome, it is usually a hardware issue, the VBI is so corrupt from the tape it cannot lock on it.

Edit:

Does the camcorder have line TBC feature? If so turn it on and see what happens.
    camcorder have line TBC feature - no

where can I find these frames in Amarectv?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Connect the camcorder to a TV. What is the picture like?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Same as in the camera preview
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    OK, then sorry to say but the camcorder is broken.
    If the tapes were originally recorded with Sony equipment it may be a good choice to look out for another used Sony camcorder for playback.

My advice would be to get a Digital8 camcorder and digitize the tapes via DV/Firewire rather than that video grabber. PAL DV is not bad at all and you can be sure a Digital8 camcorder with TBC does a reasonably good job of digitizing.
    Quote Quote