VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. can anyone here tell me how to duplicate the animated flames on this piece of footage?[1]
    (i.e. required software, etc)

Thank You.

[1] http://rapidshare.de/files/12129337/BK.mpg.html
    #1 Stunna
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Believe you can do it in most of the mid-hi range 3d software, though they probably just bought the rights to the clip. That said, might have some fun with Quicktime's MakeEffectMovie.exe from back in '99 if you can find it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. hmmm...

for the reply.

i'll have a look around.
    #1 Stunna
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That one looks like it was done with mostly 2D software. Simplest way is to go to somewhere like ArtBeats Reel Fire series ( http://www.artbeats.com/prod/product.php?pg=1&id=214 , http://www.artbeats.com/prod/product.php?pg=1&id=352 ) and some fancy masking
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. hmm... thanks guys.
    I'm new to video editing, but I am learning very quickly.
    having the proper tools is basically 90% of the job, so thanks again.

-$tunna
    #1 Stunna
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    After Effects would be the easiest to do this, however if you are just starting out, look at Wax2
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Yes sir, I own After Effects. It's just so complex like most Adobe products.
    However, that usually means that it's good.
    So, I had to order a training CD from Lynda.com.
    I hope it helps. I have read a lot about both Wax & After Effects.

BTW, that Reel Fire stuff you posted looks almost exactly like what is in that commercial. Maybe they used that also... small world...

Thanks for all your advice sir. Maybe you can answer my other question from last year?[1] I found that this can be done w/ almost any video editor, but maybe you can recommend a better one, a colleague has already recommended Sony Vegas:

[1] [?] How To: Slow Video Speed & Repeat Frames?

Thanks for everything.
    #1 Stunna
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have posted a suggestion to your other post - hopefully it helps.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    check out WAX 2. It has a built in plugin that allows ease of use in just about any NLE. It has a function called 'particle generator' which can make a fire effect easily.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Thanks everyone for your help, I will give these methods & tools a try & I will post my finished work here.
    Thanks.
    #1 Stunna
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    S1inger, any tips on how to do this in After Effects? This sounds interesting to me, but I don't have trueSpace.

I'd like to create an effect where a logo/image in the center of the screen explodes, and it would be cool to have some fire & particle effects behind this. I'm actually having trouble getting my still image to break into particles as well, but I'm sure if I keep digging around here on this site I'll find the answers to this little problem (always do... )

I have Premiere Pro 1.5, After Effects and just got Wax (although haven't used it as yet...)

Stunna, how did your effort go? Gonna post it up for all to see?

Thanks guys...
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by Raniburger
    Stunna, how did your effort go? Gonna post it up for all to see?

Thanks guys...
    I never finished it because it was too complicated for such a small thing I was doing for fun. however, from other suggestions on this forum I would recommend ParticleIllusion. it's great & I'm pretty sure you can do flame effects w/ it.

after using ParticleIllusion I would recommend using custom tools / plugins to create effects like this vs doing it from scratch.

-$tunna
    #1 Stunna
    Quote Quote