VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi,

first: thank you for having me on your site. my name is ayesha and I am hoping that while I'm here I can get answers to my question.
    basically, I am entirely new to the world of video and dvd burning and all that stuff, and I have some MKV files that I'd really like to burn on to dvd (their are 10files, 30 minits long each)

basically i'm looking for a simple way to just burn them on to disk so they will play in my regular dvd player. I've got all the files on my computer, but from here, I really don't know.

by the way: I'm using windows 10 home edition.

thank you for any assistance
    Quote Quote  
  2. With 10 files each 30 min you have a total playtime of 300 min or 5 hrs. Using DVD-5 you should split this onto two discs.

You can create the DVDs using DVDStyler or AVStoDVD.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by videobruger View Post
    With 10 files each 30 min you have a total playtime of 300 min or 5 hrs. Using DVD-5 you should split this onto two discs.

You can create the DVDs using DVDStyler or AVStoDVD.

out of those 2 you mentioned, which one would you say is better?

pros/cons of both of them?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    AVStoDVD is definitely better IMO but there aren't any programs for this I'd actually say are all that good. But AVStoDVD is the best of a bad lot.
    Quote Quote  
  5. which one would you say is better?
    Depends on personal preference I guess. Some consider the encoder, HCEnc, used by AVStoDVD superior to the 2-pass ffmpeg encoding used by DVDStyler. DVDStyler on the other hand is superior in menu and playback control creation.

But try them and see what you prefer.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you have a newer blu-ray player you can burn the mkv to dvd as data and watch through the blu-ray media player.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  7. For MKV files I usually use the software Ashampoo Burning Studio Free, Freeware Any Video Converter or the software WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe. Those are the free options. If you want a better option, where you have to pay I would suggest Nero 2018.
    Quote Quote