VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    I've seen some laughably/depressingly bad transfer problems on Netflix, Amazon, iTunes, and Vudu. Particularly with SD content: aliasing is the most common, there's also 23.976fps stuff presented with combing, actual 29.97fps stuff inexplicably IVTC'd with combing, 29.97fps stuff inexplicably blended down to 25fps on a US service...

Netflix, at least, has a relatively simple process to report AV problems. Has anyone ever done this and seen it actually fixed?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by vaporeon800 View Post
    ... there's also 23.976fps stuff presented with combing, actual 29.97fps stuff inexplicably IVTC'd with combing, 29.97fps stuff inexplicably blended down to 25fps on a US service...
    Unionized stuffy old video engineers at work?

Complaining does not help they tell you it looks great on their Trinitron:

Last edited by newpball; 9th Jun 2015 at 12:49.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've seen some laughably/depressingly bad transfer problems on Netflix, Amazon, iTunes, and Vudu. Particularly with SD content: aliasing is the most common, there's also 23.976fps stuff presented with combing, actual 29.97fps stuff inexplicably IVTC'd with combing, 29.97fps stuff inexplicably blended down to 25fps on a US service...

Netflix, at least, has a relatively simple process to report AV problems. Has anyone ever done this and seen it actually fixed?
    One thing I am certain of is that there is no chance that these videos will be fixed if nobody complains.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Assuming Netflix still uses MS Silverlight, that may also be an issue as I have noticed as my bandwidth/speed drops, I get sometimes 'fuzzy' Netflix video.

Netflix recommends: https://help.netflix.com/en/node/306
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The movie "Bad Grampa" has audio out of sync.
    Quote Quote  
  6. And you guys actually pay for that?
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
    And you guys actually pay for that?
    That happens infrequently. Still worth it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can report through any live chat window too. And they'll thank you for your help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by redwudz View Post
    Assuming Netflix still uses MS Silverlight, that may also be an issue as I have noticed as my bandwidth/speed drops, I get sometimes 'fuzzy' Netflix video.
    That can't cause interlacing to appear, but of course the first thing any of their CSRs suggest is that the problem is on the viewer's end. I suppose for most people with issues, it is. In my case, I used multiple browsers and devices and confirmed that I was receiving the highest-bitrate stream using the diagnostic options available.

Originally Posted by budwzr View Post
    You can report through any live chat window too. And they'll thank you for your help.
    For the most recent thing that prompted me to post this thread, I initiated a live chat. After having me try another browser, etc., she confirmed that she saw what I was talking about when she tried watching an episode on her end. She asked me to use the "Report a problem" button for each episode. So I guess next time I should just head straight to that form.

I'll check the stream again in a month or two, but I don't have high hopes that it will be resolved.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Formerly 'vaporeon800' Brad's Avatar
    Search PM
    I'll check the stream again in a month or two, but I don't have high hopes that it will be resolved.
    Not fixed yet...
    Quote Quote  
  11. Hate to burst your bubble Vaporeon, but did you see this: "In the third quarter of 2012, Netflix had 29.4 million subscribers" many more millions now so do you think they care about your problem?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    https://imgur.com/gallery/e0LcT6J

so do you think they care about your problem?
    It's all of their customers problem, since everyone has access to the problem content.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Even if a million customers had the same problem, I doubt that netflix would be concerned. (Since the other 30 plus million are still happy.)
    Quote Quote  
  14. Formerly 'vaporeon800' Brad's Avatar
    Search PM
    Hate to burst your bubble Vaporeon
    Uh, what bubble?

I don't have high hopes that it will be resolved.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Even if a million customers had the same problem, I doubt that netflix would be concerned. (Since the other 30 plus million are still happy.)
    Last time they lost a million customers, their stock price was in the gutter. Back when they tried to split streaming video/mail DVD and then charging more.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Vapor... I was referring to your hope of getting your problem fixed.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Formerly 'vaporeon800' Brad's Avatar
    Search PM
    Yes, I know. That's why I quoted the portion of my post above. You can't kill what never existed.
    Quote Quote