VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I just downloaded and created a DVD using DVD Flick. When I played back the DVD the movie segments came back sideways. It was created from movie from my iPhone SE. Any help?
    Quote Quote  
  2. DVD Flick has no way to reorient your video so it goes to the default. Bet you shot the video vertically rather than horizontally.
    As far as I know, Quicktime Pro is the only software that will rotate your original file without re-encoding.
    Last edited by smrpix; 1st Sep 2016 at 13:43.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yup. It was a concert. Anyway to convert to a landscape image?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Or any other FREE software to create a playable DVD?
    Quote Quote  
  5. AVStoDVD will allow you to get in and edit the Avisynth script to rotate, resize and add borders for each clip. That's a little tricky if you've never done it before.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Perhaps easier with XmediaRecode.

As Format use DVDPlayer (standalone)/VOB

Click image for larger version

Name:	Format.jpg
Views:	594
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	38437

On the "Filter" tab use "Add Filter" to add the "Rotate" filter and then "Enable Rotate"

Name:	RotateFiilter.jpg
Views:	883
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	38438

The result of encoding can be used in authoring programme as AVStoDVD and DVDStyler without re-encoding (I don't know about DVD Flick)
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks. I used XMedia to rotate. When I go to another clip is goes back to sideways. Do I have to save it somehow with a different name?
    Quote Quote  
  8. When you have done the rotate you press the "Add to queque" (+) icon and then "Encode" icon. This will encode a rotated DVD complaint version that may be used for making a DVD without further encoding.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Videobruger,

Thanks so much. I hope I can handle it from here. I appreciate your help.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Will the encoded version show up on the dvd? After I did what you said, add to queque then encode it still shows up sideways when I go back to it in the program.Click image for larger version

Name:	XMedia screen shot.jpg
Views:	463
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	38448

Name:	XMedia screen shot.jpg
Views:	463
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	38448
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I can only add
    i have cautioned numerous people 'in person'
    hold the phone sideways, like any other normal video camera

correcting the video later, leaves a lot of black space on the screen, unless you want to crop the video, and remove a lot of the recorded content from the frame
    Quote Quote  
  12. Thank you. I will try to remember that next time.
    Quote Quote  
  13. From the screen dump from XmediaRecode that the "Rotate" filter is disabled, ie no rotation is done.

But another proposal:

Use DVDStyler.

Create a NTSC project without a template. Drag "02 Som Guys Have All the Luck.mov" onto the empty menu (1). Double click on "Title 1" in the bottom of the window (2). Click the three dots for video (3).

Name:	DVDStyler1.jpg
Views:	508
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	38456

On the Video Property windows that pops up use "rotate" for Filter. Select "Border" (= padding) and use a value of 244 for each side (16:9 aspect)

Name:	DVDStyler16_9.jpg
Views:	500
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	38457

For 4:3 aspect use 208 for border.

Name:	DVDStyler4_3.jpg
Views:	497
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	38458

Press the "Burn" icon and select "Just generate" or "create iso image". Test it with a software player like VLC and burn with ImgBurn or the burner of your choise.

PS I forgot. There's a bug in some versions of VLC. If you get a "grey" screen for the menu look here:

https://sourceforge.net/p/dvdstyler/discussion/318795/thread/711e4b8c/?limit=25#3f9e
    Last edited by videobruger; 2nd Sep 2016 at 10:09.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Heyyyyy...hello..

I too have had this issue, now...with this Xmedia, what dimensions should I use? I used the MP4 selection, and well, I tried all of what the program offered on the format, I noticed the quality was not as good at all as the original movies. All of mine are MP4 downloaded from a samsung phone. I have used Roxio 10 DE..no luck..Roxio Easy CD & DVD...nothing and well, I tried DVD Flick along with Img Burn and in at least it played on my DVD player but all on their sides. Get this..All of the MP4 play in VLC perfect and vertical, however...the one video I did rotated in Xmedia...I played it in VLC and their it was...on its side...LOL!. I have been up down, over under, in and out of all these programs trying to get these movies to play. If I can get the dimensions a little more secure, maybe the video's will be more clear. Now...I don't know what program to burn these with..one of the 3 I have above? I have used up enough DVD-R and DVD+R...I don't have any DVD DL in which I don't know what these are...Roxio Easy CD DVD burner required these or no go. I am seriously considering purchasing Nero express 4 2018...but its a killer on money...Surely it will do all that is required without all of the extra Additives...why is this so hard?
    Quote Quote