VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    It seems to be a permission issue, I was able to get around the crashing by changing the compatibility then started getting the error that Tsmuxer couldn't determine the file type. But after running "tsMuxerR.exe" as administrator the issue seems to have gone away. I'll do some more testing tomorrow evening. And try to burn and play a disk. Looking very good thus far.

tsMuxer did not generate a meaningful error.. all i really got was the prompt from Windows that tsmuxer stopped working.
    Murphy's law taught me everything I know.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ffvideosource is causing memory allocations on some MKV files. Also getting error "Invalid initial pts and dts" when using raw 264 video streams.
    Last edited by dragonkeeper; 8th Aug 2012 at 22:13.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    dragonkeeper

Well, I'm going to install Window7 tomorrow - it is obviously a popular OS

I'm going to change the decoder based on the file extension, so I plan on using
    DirectShowSource for .ts, possibly mkv
    FFVideoSource for .mp4, and .264 [for .264 the required syntax is [int] fpsnum = 24000, [int] fpsden = 1001 for 23.976] which means that the user would have to know the framerate with the raw stream

And I think both DirectShowSource and FFVideoSource have problems with .m2ts - so that won't be an option

I have a bunch of files on my other computer - so I'll put them in various containers and see what works best

I need to clean up the 80010_0.clpi file

I forgot to mention that the clpi and mpls files are for 23.976/24 fps - PowerDVD will play a 29.97i Main with 23.976/24 fps menus but the chapter times would be slightly off - TMT won't work with a BD like that; were any of your sources 29.97i or 25i?

Also, I am adding some error checking

Hope to have a new hta for Thursday night
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    By using avisynth, I'm assuming that you will be able to add/edit custom avisynth scripts

If it does this will add a big plus point that a lot of commercial software refuses to offer which is giving control back to the user

Will there also be an option to output an MKV file, as an alternative and also be able to recreate the blu-ray disc structure from an input video source
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by wiseant View Post
    Well, I'm going to install Window7 tomorrow - it is obviously a popular OS
    Yeah it is, I still perfer XP only becaue it is more user friendly for us power users; To many hoops to jump through to do same things on Win7.

I'm going to change the decoder based on the file extension, so I plan on using
    DirectShowSource for .ts, possibly mkv
    Excellent idea, i used directshowsource and was able to successfully encode the file.
    FFVideoSource for .mp4, and .264 [for .264 the required syntax is [int] fpsnum = 24000, [int] fpsden = 1001 for 23.976] which means that the user would have to know the framerate with the raw stream
    Creating a refernce to the original file or using tsMuxer to demux would allow you the ablity to use mediainfo to get the file details (i.e. frame rate).
    And I think both DirectShowSource and FFVideoSource have problems with .m2ts - so that won't be an option
    Doesn't one of the mpegSource filters handle m2ts?

were any of your sources 29.97i or 25i?
    No all my sources were progessive, but i can rip one of my old TVshow I think some of them are 29.97i
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    steptoe: thanks for your input

re avisynth - yes the way the hta is setup, the user can go into the TMP directory and edit the avs file[s] before they run the preview or encode - it might be a bit tricky - later on I may add an option to view/edit the avs file[s]

re MKV file - not right now, I've got to get the BD authoring done, then AVCHD

re - recreating the blu-ray disc structure from an input source - don't think I will be able to do that - or did you mean transcoding? - I want to stay away from that right now

dragonkeeper:
    re Win7 - I tried it before - didn't like it - but there are lots of users

re your MKV file - so FFVideoSource failed and DirectShowSource worked?

re mediainfo - I was using it for another app I wrote - I was trying to avoid using it - but I may have to

re mpegSource - did you mean DGIndex and mpeg2source? - this would be for .m2v/mpv sources
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, DirectShowSource worked whereas FFvFideoSource generate memory allocation errors.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    dragonkeeper

Installed Windows7 Professional - formatted hard disk, created new partition - install was painless

Did a bunch of tests on a 1280x720, 23.976 fps, framecount 20317 video only mp4 container:

used DSMux (Haali) - took about one minute

1a) DirectShowSource("D:\test_DSMux.mkv") -> fps 25 [wrong] have to use:

directshowSource("D:\test_DSMux.mkv",fps=24000.0/1001.0, audio=false) = 1 extra frame

1b) dss2("D:\test_DSMux.mkv") fps 23.976 - ok frames 20317 [a little faster than directshowSource]

1c) ffvideoSource("D:\test_DSMux.mkv") fps 23.976 -ok frames 20317

with MKVMerge GUI v5.7.0:

1d) DirectShowSource("D:\testMKVMerge.mkv") fps 23.976 20318 frames YUY2 colorspace correct, one extra frame

1e) dss2("D:\testMKVMerge.mkv") fps 23.976 20317 frames [framecount correct] YUY2

1f) ffvideosource("D:\testMKVMerge.mkv") fps 23.976 20317 frames YV12 colorspace incorrect

Then TSMuxerGUI 1.10.6:

1g) testDSMux.mkv - ok - framerate not found

1h) testMKVMerge.mkv -
    Matroksa parse error: invalid H264 NAL unit size. NAL unit truncated
    Matroksa parse error: invalid H264 NAL unit size. NAL unit truncated

then again with MKVMerge GUI v5.7.0:
    1i) testDHRC.mkv - ok - has framerate 23.976
    File\Options\Disable header removal compression for audio and video tracks by default - checked

then mkvmerge GUI v3.4.0 which has no header compression
    1j) testMK3.4.mkv - ok - has framerate 23.976

then loading mkv in AvsP:

1k) DirectShowSource("D:\testMK3.4.mkv") 23.976 20318 YUY2 - faster when reloading - one extra frame
    1l) dss2("D:\testMK3.4.mkv") 23.976 20318 YUY2 [slightly faster initially] - one extra frame
    1m) ffvideosource("D:\MK3.4.mkv") - needs to index - YV12 - incorrect colorspace - took awhile to index initially

Now, mux test.mp4 to ts with TSmuxerGUI ->
    DirectShowSource("D:\test.ts") fps 23.976 20317 frames, YUY2 - one extra frame
    dss2("D:\test.ts") fps 23.976 20316 frames, YUY2
    ffvideoSource("D:\test.ts") 23.974, YV12, 20315 - incorrect framerate, incorrect colorspace, incorrect framecount

Now, mux test.mp4 to m2ts with TSmuxerGUI ->
    DirectShowSource("D:\test.m2ts") fps 23.976 20317 frames, YUY2
    dss2("D:\test.m2ts") fps 23.976 20317 frames, YUY2
    ffvideoSource("D:\test.m2ts") fps 23.974 20315 frames YV12 incorrect framerate, incorrect colorspace, incorrect framecount

test stream to raw - demux with TSMuxer
    ffvideoSource("D:\test.track_1.264",fpsnum=24000, fpsden=1001) fps 23.976 YV12, 19485 frames incorrect colorspace, incorrect framecount

test stream to raw Yamb/MP4Box
    ffvideosource("D:\test.track1.h264",fpsnum=24000, fpsden=1001) fps 23.976 YV12, 19485 frames incorrect colorspace, incorrect framecount

Based on this one file:

A. Raw 264 frames are problematic - should not use for Main Title

B. mp4 -> ffvideosource - [based on previous experience]

C. mkv - MKVMerge GUI v5.7.0 -> File\Options\Disable header removal compression for audio and video tracks by default - checked
    necessary for TSMuxer

D. mkv - mkvmerge GUI v3.4.0 -> no header removal compression

E. ts - DirectShowSource

F. m2ts - DirectShowSource

Now I need to test QuickBD.hta on Windows 7 . . .
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Got it working on Windows7 - but these "permissions" are a real drag . . . sometimes for no apparent reason "permission is denied" . . .

New hta -> QuickBD1.hta

Deleted attachment Oct 25, 2012

add three new variables:
    decode, tracknumber, tracknumber1

and changed Vclip so that if extension is .ts, .m2ts, or .mkv - uses directshowsource, and if extension is .mp4 uses ffvideosource

also, if Vclip is a .m2ts or .ts -> track=4113, otherwise track=1

it can accept a .ts, .m2ts, .mkv, or .mp4 muxed with audio BUT it will not process the audio - so it is necessary for the user to just demux the audio [with tsmuxergui] and this will be Aclip

I added some error checking - but need to add some more

and I still want to fiddle with clpi/mpls templates in order to have 23.976/24, 25i, 29.97i, 50p and 59.94/60p
    Last edited by wiseant; 25th Oct 2012 at 22:14. Reason: delete attachment
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

Getting ready for some serious testing - I'll upload a new hta August 16

It will accept BD complaint video, 1920x1080 23.976p, 24p, 25i, and 29.97i in mp4, mkv, ts, and mkv containers.
    If the file contains audio it will be ignored - if the user wants to use the audio from this file - use TSMuxerGUI to demux the audio only

There is a separate input for BD complaint audio, except dolby_digital_plus_lossless. There is an option to Downconvert DTS-HD to DTS.

The chapter menu should be accurate for all frame rates and durations
    The top and chapter menus will have the same frame rate as the Main Title

The avs files for the top and chapter menus can be edited [tweaked]

The x264 command line for encoding the top and chapter menus can be edited [tweaked]

I will add support for 1440x1080 and 1280x720 later on.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

August 16, 2012 -> ReadMe.txt

QuickBD_v1.hta - Quick BD Authoring with Top and Chapter Menus

QuickBD is a fast way to author BD compliant video and audio with Top and Chapter Menus

It utilizes Avisynth, VirtualDub, TsMuxer, x264, GScript.dll (an Avisynth plugin), ffms2.dll (an Avisynth plugin), and CLIPINF_Editor_v0.05

No installation is required - but avisynth needs to be installed.

If you are unfamiliar with these programs - no problem - there is no need to install them and they will open and run automatically.

Note for Windows 7 users
    You may have to run tsmuxer [commandline version] as Administrator - and probably in Windows XP SP2 or SP3
    compatability mode. Each time tsmuxer runs a UAC dialog box may appear - just click yes and continue.

Just download QuickBD_v1.7z - Unzip and copy to a new folder

EDIT - deleted attachment Oct 25, 2012

For example, the directory [folder] structure needs to be
    C:\QuickBD
    QuickBD1.hta
    ffms2.dll
    GScript.dll
    VirtualDub.exe
    x264.exe
    tsMuxeR.exe
    CLIPINF_Edit.exe

This main folder is also used for the batch files for the VirtualDub preview and x264 encoding.
    It is also used for the completed project - and will have a filename based on the start time of the project

C:\QuickBD\DAT
    This folder has the 83 "template" files

C:\QuickBD\TMP
    This folder is used for the avs files, the x264 encodes, the TSMuxer batch and meta files, chapter information and framerate information

How to use
    1. Open Video clip
    The application accepts BD compliant 1920x1080 23.976p, 24p, 25i, 29.97i video in mp4, mkv, ts, and m2ts containers. If the file contains audio it will be ignored - if the user wants to use the audio from this file, use TSMuxerGUI to demux the audio only

No .264 raw streams as there are problems decoding these - so if you have a raw video stream just mux into mp4, mkv, ts, or m2ts

2. Select a BD compliant audio -> ac3, dts
    There is an option to downconvert DTS-HD to DTS

3. Top Menu
    i) Caption - enter a Caption for your Top Menu
    ii) Duration of Motion Menu - select 30 sec, 20 sec, 10 sec or 0 sec [no motion] - make sure to Confirm the choice

A. Create/Update Top Menu - this creates the avs file for the Top Menu
    B. After creating the avs file - Preview it in VirtualDub
    C. After previewing the Top Menu - Encode it
    If you don't like the preview - you can change the Caption and the Duration - just remember to Confirm your choices. If you make changes you need to Create/Update Top Menu to create the new avs file

4. Chapter Menu
    i) Duration of Motion Menu - select 30 sec, 20 sec, 10 sec or 0 sec [no motion] - make sure to Confirm the choice
    ii) Thumbnail Size - select 384x216 or 352x198 or 320x180 or 288x162 or 256x144 or 224x126 or 192x108 - make sure to Confirm the choice

A. Create/Update Chapter Menu - this creates the avs file for the Chapter Menu
    B. After creating the avs file - Preview it in VirtualDub
    C. After previewing the Chapter Menu - Encode it
    If you don't like the preview - you can change the Duration and the Thumbnail Size - just remember to Confirm your choices. If you make changes you need to Create/Update Chapter Menu to create the new avs file

5. Create Main Title
    This uses TSMuxer to create the BD structure for the Main Title

6. Create Menus
    This incorporates the Top Menu and the Chapter Menu into the Main Title BD

7. FINALIZE
    This uses clipinf_editor to update the "packet length" for the two clipinf files 80010 and 80011

Some nice things about this application:
    1. Once the BD authoring is complete - and you don't like the look of the Top and/or Chapter Menus - you can redo them as long as you Do Not change the number of chapters - if this is the case you will Skip step 5. Create Main Title - and go to Step 6. Create Menus and the new Top/Chapter Menus will be replaced - with no need to redo the project.

2. You can also edit the avs files used for previewing and encoding. Just make sure you do not change the location of the the "Play" and "Scene Selection" subtitles in the Top Menu - or the navigation wont work properly. Same applies to the location of the "X" subtitle in the Chapter Menu - and you do not want to change the location of the chapter thumbnails.

3. You can also edit the x264 batch files before you encode - perhaps you want to do a 2-pass encode or change the presets - just don't change the input/output filenames.

wiseant
    Last edited by wiseant; 25th Oct 2012 at 22:13. Reason: appearance - Delete attachment
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

I forgot to mention that you need this file: colors-fonts.avsi

Just unzip and place in your avisynth plugin folder

I am using a "custom named color" in the avs files
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

I'll be uploading a couple of new hta's tomorrow -

an updated QuickBD - w/o the custom color thing and got rid of the 12 consecutive msgbox OK's - [this was for debugging]

a new QuickAVCHD - very similar except for AVCHD max 18-24 mbps and ac3 audio only

I see that QuickBD has been downloaded 20 times - and color-fonts only 9 times - unfortunately if users did not use the color-fonts.avsi - there would have been an error right away re VirtualDub preview or encode - something like - "I don't know what c34 means" - but this is fixed with the color-fonts.avsi file in the users avisynth plugin folder

Otherwise, it would be nice to get some feedback - I have tested dozens of times and all projects have played in MPC-HC, PowerDVD11, and TMT5, from DVD-R [QuickAVCHD], thumbdrive, and harddisk - including the new QuickAVCHD

TIA
    Quote Quote  
  14. Wiseant, first of all a big thanks for your efforts!
    AFAIK, there is only one other freeware blu-ray authoring tool that can make a top menu
    so your program will likely be better known in the future.
    As to QuickBD, I have fooled around with it a little but haven't got any material to use it for now.

Now for something that probably devs get tired of, that is someone wanting something extra or more,
    Some of us have been playing around with the possibility of putting say 3 dvd titles on one BD25.
    Now we have a few ways to repackage vobs into m2ts but would like a simple authoring tool to have
    an opening menu in order to select one of the 3 titles.
    I don't know if the use of TSmuxer will allow this or not but I know there would likely be a lot of people interested
    in being able to place several titles on one BD.
    Perhaps select each as a chapter?
    I don't know what the possibilities are but once again thanks for your program.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Steve(MS) :

Thanks for the feedback.

re dvds on BD25 - Yes, I have thought about it - > you mean SD DVD's?

BD allows secondary streams - but I think you have to have a HD main Title - I'll look into whether one can have a dummy HD Main and if that allows maxing out SD DVDs

My next steps are to add an option to have more than one HD Title, - then subtitles, - then more chapter options, - then more top menu options . . .
    Quote Quote  
  16. Yes, I was referring to SD DVDs but HD titles are good too.
    Your next steps sounds good to me.
    If it is possible to make chapters at odd intervals when you get to that step, that could come in handy
    or at least to keep in mind at some future time.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

I have two new hta's:

1. QuickBD_v1A.hta - fixed custom color problem and got rid of MsgBox re "copying/deleting . . ."

2. QuickAVCHD.hta - very similar to QuickBD, except for AVCHD complaint video/audio - good for authoring to DVD/Thumbdrive

If you already downloaded QuickBD_v1.7z you just need to download QuickBD_v1A.7z and QuickAVCHD.7z

Otherwise, otherwise, download QuickBD-AVCHD.7z - which includes:

GScript.dll, ffms2.dll, x264.exe, VirtualDub.exe, tsMuxeR.exe, CLIPINF_Edit.exe, QuickBD_v1A.hta, QuickAVCHD.hta, TMP folder [empty], DAT folder [83 items], QuickBD-QuickAVCHD_Readme.txt
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

EDIT - I deleted these sample files on November 2, 2012

I hope to have an update on or before November 1st, 2012

In the meantime I have uploaded two different projects for testing

1. Oct25_AVCHD
    Contains 720x480 29.970 fps 16:9 AVC clip with 1080i Top and Chapter Menus (AVC)

EDIT - I will upload #2 shortly - Done
    Please note that these clips do not have audio

2. Oct25_BD
    Contains 720x480 29.970 fps 16:9 M2V (mpeg) with 1080i Top and Chapter Menus (AVC)

Hopefully someone can test these on PowerDVD, Arcsoft TMT, blu-ray player with DVD disc, blu-ray Player with Blu-ray disc, PlayStation, XBox

I am wondering if #1 is considered AVCHD compliant and if #2 is considered BD compliant

Your feedback is kindly appreciated
    Last edited by wiseant; 2nd Nov 2012 at 20:21. Reason: deleting files
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    I downloaded the AVCHD rar files. Big Buck Bunny played just fine in Arcsoft TMT 5, including the individual chapters, but I couldn't get the menu to work in PowerDVD 12. I made an ISO from it, mounted it in VirtualClone Drive and PowerDVD wouldn't play the menu from there either. It played the individual m2ts files ok.

Sorry, that's all I had time for.

MediaInfo says it is 720 x 480, 29.97fps and progressive. Can you have that combination in SD video for AVCHD?
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @Kerry56
    Thanks for the feedback
    I think the problem with PowerDVD may be the fact that there is an extra playlist file that should not be there
    In the Oct25_AVCHD\BDMV\PLAYLIST folder there is 00000.mpls.backup and 00000.mpls
    This happened when I tried to use BDEdit to change the clip properties from progressive to interlaced - it changed the playlist file but did not change the corresponding clpi file. It may work if you delete the 00000.mpls and rename 00000.mpls.backup to 00000.mpls

Oct25_AVCHD\BDMV\BACKUP\PLAYLIST folder has the correct playlist files

Re AVCHD 29.970 fps
    It is supposed to be "60i", i.e 29.970 interlaced
    When I encoded the Main avc [264] file I used --pulldown 32 which made it 29.970 - TMT plays it - don't know if PowerDVD12 will play it with the playlist correction

I did do another encode of 1000 frames using --pulldown 32 and --fake [fake-interlaced] -> TSMuxerGUI reports it as 720i 29.97 pulldown

Maybe this would work - if you want I can upload a full encode with this commandline:

x264 --force-cfr --crf 16 --preset superfast --bluray-compat --vbv-maxrate 20000 --vbv-bufsize 15000 --keyint 24 --fake --pulldown 32 --open-gop --colorprim "bt709" --transfer "bt709" --colormatrix "bt709" --sar 16:9 -o BB_720pd_fake.264 BB_720.avs
    pause

In the avs file, I used changefps(24000.0/1001.0) to change from 24 fps to 23.976 fps

Cheers
    wiseant
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

I wasn't able to find the time to finish my program update . . .

Tomorrow I will upload some samples:

BD - mpeg2, avc, and vc1

AVCHD - true 29.970 interlaced and a 24p converted to 29.970 interlaced
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

I have three sample BD's using "CopyFree" Material

BD_AVC - Main Title is SD AVC, the top and chapter menus are HD AVC [91 MB]

BD_VC1 - Main Title is SD VC1, the top and chapter menus are HD AVC [83 MB]

BD_M2V - Main Title is SD M2V[mpeg2], the top and chapter menus are HD AVC [121 MB]

http://files.videohelp.com/u/139027/BD_AVC.rar

http://files.videohelp.com/u/139027/BD_VC1.rar

http://files.videohelp.com/u/139027/BD-M2V.rar

EDIT - November 5, 2012
    The BD_VC1.rar had the wrong length of audio - so I deleted it - and have uploaded a fixed version -> BD_VC1.rar

My goal here is to see if these SD Main Titles are "blu_ray" compliant

They all play in TMT5 and PowerDVD11 - would appreciate it someone could test these on PS3, XBox, Blu_ray Player

I will upload two sample AVCHD's tomorrow

AVCHD1 - Main Title is 29.97i 4:3

AVCHD2 - Main Title is 29.97i 16:9 from original 1920x1080 23.976p

EDIT2 - November 5, 2012 - Haven't had time to upload the AVCHD files - will try to do Nov6,2012

TIA
    Last edited by wiseant; 5th Nov 2012 at 18:28. Reason: Update
    Quote Quote