VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    http://users3.ev1.net/~CavemanLawyer/webpage/Allison.htm

I'm trying to add a simple little feature to my daughter's website. On the left sidebar I want it to say:

Allison is X months, Y days, and Z seconds old, and have it update in real time. I found a few scripts that do this but they all return years or days and not months. I'm sure this is pretty simple stuff but I am totally clueless when it comes to creating webpages. Any help is appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That second link looks like exactly what I need, but like I said I'm a complete dummy at this stuff. The script is in perl. How do I use that?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Adam,

What happens once she turns 12 months old ? Are you then going to need it modded so it displays years also ?

Months is the hardest one to display, because you have to allow for months having different numbers of days, whereas just days only requires you to be mindful of leap years, which isn't hard to work out.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'd actually have no problem with it listing more than 12 months since that's usually how you refer to a baby's age anyway; ie: 14 months old. But that second script actually does do years and it calculates everything off of the actual calendar days for those years, so everything should be accurate. The only problem is I am just clueless how to invoke these scripts in my webpage or what I have have installed serverside to get it working.

With that said, ideally I'd like to do this without perl or the like even if its not totally accurate. I just want something that is simple and works.
    Quote Quote