VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've never actually did it. What would be the best or better to say most simple but effective PC editing tool to write something over frames. Like you know, I have a Huffy video of a concert and want to have large letters with the date, artist etc at the beginning of the video, presumably adding it while converting the Huffy AVI to x264 MP4 or something... thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can create a srt subtitle file with g.e. Subtitle edit and mux this subtitle or burn in this subtitle with g.e. clever Ffmpeg-GUI.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can I centre it that way in the horizontal and vertical centre of given frames?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by kodec View Post
    Can I centre it that way in the horizontal and vertical centre of given frames?
    It depends on the subtitle renderer. Some respond to positioning tags:

Code:
    {\an5}centered vertically and horizontally
    See this post for others: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/401462-What-subtitler-will-add-text-one-word-at-a-...me#post2616780
    Quote Quote  
  5. Can I centre it that way in the horizontal and vertical centre of given frames?
    Use subtitles in .ASS format to have control over the subtitle format. Aegisub is designed for .ASS format.
    Quote Quote  
  6. If its only to identify the video and isn't changing throughout it (like subtitles would), I would just create a title and overlay it for as long as needed. Almost all video editors have a title function.
    You can also use different fonts, colors and graphics that way too.

Brian.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Any video editor will do this, even the basic one that comes with windows 10
    Quote Quote