VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am new to this forum so I apologize if this has been covered with a somewhat different discusion/thread.

I am considering buying a dashcam for my car. The company I am buying has one that can record time lapse in parking mode. The company is Blackvue. The video is recorded at one frame per second. A one minute video according to Blackvue is 30 min of actual time. Hi. I am considering buying a dashcam for my car. The one I am thinking of buying is one by a company called Blackvue. They have a special parking mode that records in a one frame per second recording.

https://www.blackvue.com/blackvue-dr900s-dr750s-time-lapse-region-based-motion-detecti...parking-modes/

My question is what is the best software to be able to see the video results frame by frame. If for example someone bumos my car in the parking lot. I want to be able to get a stil frame of that event.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. VirtualDub2 will probably work.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks! I will check it out!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by steve37341 View Post
    My question is what is the best software to be able to see the video results frame by frame. If for example someone bumos my car in the parking lot. I want to be able to get a stil frame of that event.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.
    You may already have your answer, but I'll suggest two additional options you (or anyone else reading) might also consider. The first would be avidemux. It is very easy to open up a video and step through frame by frame, and then extract whatever frame you desire as an image. Just go to the part of the video you want to extract the image from and click on File/Save As Image. The other option would be ffmpeg (if you prefer a command line tool). Both of these applications are free and open source, and both are available on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
    Quote Quote