VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Thread
  1. Hey all... Just wanting to confirm something...

Under GRAPHEDIT (32bit older original version, not graphedit+, or graphstudio) is there a "DUMP.AX" equivalent filter that will simply dump binary data to a disk file? Already tried the few filters with "dump" in the filter-name but all they do is create a zero byte ".ASF" file (i.e. not a flat binary data dump). The ACTUAL "dump.ax" IS present on the system as it is enumerated by later versions of GraphStudio... However GRAPHEDIT doesn't seem to want to enumerate that filter for some reason... Is there a tweak that one has to do to the "DUMP.AX" filter perhaps in order for it to be recognized by GRAPHEDIT? Keep in mind this is all running on 32bit WinXP Pro SP3...
    Quote Quote  
  2. AX filters need to be registered with the system. To register 32 bit DUMP.AX on 64 bit Windows run this command line as admin in the folder where the AX file is:

Code:
    c:\Windows\SysWow64\regsvr32.exe DUMP.AX
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    AX filters need to be registered with the system. To register 32 bit DUMP.AX on 64 bit Windows run this command line as admin in the folder where the AX file is:
    Code:
    c:\Windows\SysWow64\regsvr32.exe DUMP.AX
    In this instance the OS is a 32bit version of WinXP PRO SP3, running on 64 bit hardware. It's a 32bit environment only. The DUMP.AX IS registered in the system as newer versions of GRAPHSTUDIONEXT pick up on it and are able to enumerate and use it just fine. The issue is to be able to get the older original 32bit version of GRAPHEDIT (not graphedit plus, graphstudio, or graphstudionext) to be able to enumerate and use the filter. Re-registering the .AX file did not do anything for GRAPHEDIT.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I have a ATI Radeon HD5670 that I got for 20$ installed in the test machine. Attempting to get some captures done. Completely accurate display/capture of CCdata ensues SO FAR. Not getting hopes up yet as I had similar results with the Nvidia card and the TV Wonder before for short bits of time. So now the system vid card AND capture card are matched ATI branded. We'll see how long good accurate CC capture lasts...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Didn't even last 1 day and back to total garbage. I give up. THis doesn't seem hardware related or OS related. I am of the notion at this point that entire graphedit app is just foo-ware and NOT something to be able to be counted on for anything at all.

Unless there is a piece of software out there than can CONSISTENTLY capture ccdata from analog video this whole journey has been basically a giant total failure.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    i suggest keep dig. for wintv you need cd . to able to install it. also it works perfectly for me closed captions in graphedit, even my pc its multi os , it works in win xp and win 10

using wintv you have to use cc extractor to get closed captions from video recorded file.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by godai View Post
    i suggest keep dig. for wintv you need cd . to able to install it. also it works perfectly for me closed captions in graphedit, even my pc its multi os , it works in win xp and win 10

using wintv you have to use cc extractor to get closed captions from video recorded file.
    I have gotten it to "work" as well... However you can read back up the thread with regards to all that I have tried to do make it
    |\|... CONSISTENTLY ACCURATE ...|/|.

For one offs or two offs it works to a point, but when you have a giant pile of stuff to get done it doesn't even come close to filling the bill. The software that came with the ATI TV Wonder 650 is a bad joke and doesn't even work. When ever I have tried to load the "TV capture" portion of media catalyst it simply craps itself with a "cannot load module" error.

As far as the ATI TV Wonder 650 I have searched for SOMETHING else that would utilize the card to capture a video/audio stream AND the closed captions inside the captured file. Same goes for the hauppauge 955Q and HVR-1950. WinTV, at least vers 7 thru 10, does NOT CAPTURE Closed Caption DATA FROM ANALOG VIDEO ANYMORE. Only digital TV streams that have CC's encoded.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    ati old stuff its hard to use for that task. i have one 7500 aiw and its not easy even for just video.

and i have to try but i able to get closed caption from wintv. 7 and 8 Version
    in my case hvr 1600 , its only one that full it do it. old wintv version was able to see cc in the video in the recorded file, cc1-to cc4. with wintv 8 you have to use cc extractor. and its not visible in recorded video.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by godai View Post
    ati old stuff its hard to use for that task. i have one 7500 aiw and its not easy even for just video.

and i have to try but i able to get closed caption from wintv. 7 and 8 Version
    in my case hvr 1600 , its only one that full it do it. old wintv version was able to see cc in the video in the recorded file, cc1-to cc4. with wintv 8 you have to use cc extractor. and its not visible in recorded video.
    I don't doubt what you're saying is true. However, I would venture to ask;

1. WHEN you were doing these captures were you attempting to do 7-8, 1 hour blocks of content per day?
    2. If you were doing this much work what was the INTEGRITY of the captures? (multiple spelling errors, missing dialog, dropped letters every 10 lines or so...)

INTEGRITY of the captures (% of accuracy to the original) is what I am on about here. As far as whether the CC's display or not is irrelevant. What I see it "decoding" half the time is garbage or scrambled unintelligible junk, but it IS displaying something.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    im not capturing a lot today, in the past i did a lot from boomerang. like 4-5 series.

i able to get closed captions just fine not issues.

i was using hvr 1600 and directv dvr for that task.
    1 hours blocks.

idk but i feel its perfectly fine on capture side, i see many times not good working closed captions.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by godai View Post
    i see many times not good working closed captions.
    Please explain. What version of WinTV were you using exactly?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    i dont use 10 because dont support hvr 1600, actually i use wintv 8 its a little tricky but works.

for closed captions best one was wintv 7 (or one before 8 version)

even i can give a try and let you know. my pc has multiple os.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by godai View Post
    i dont use 10 because dont support hvr 1600, actually i use wintv 8 its a little tricky but works.
    for closed captions best one was wintv 7 (or one before 8 version)
    I think I have a disc-image of wtv7 around if you want it...
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    i have it too. thanks
    Quote Quote  
  15. I have found the issue with the garbled captions and it has NOTHING to do with any of the software, graphedit, or even the computers at all.

Turns out it has to do with the SAT receivers' analog video-out putting out garbaged captions. I had tested this before quite a few times with a caption enabled input on my TV panel in the home theatre (which is where the receiver normally sits) and due to the INTERMITTENT nature of the issue every time I had tested it in the past the issue had cleared somehow just carrying it back over to the HT and powering it back on. Playing around with the hardware caption service settings on the receiver will clean up the captions sent to the analog out if they get mussed it seems. Also not something readily apparent.

I have cobbled together a build image of WinXP pro SP3 x86 to place on the test machine and it runs WINTV 7 and the HVR-1950 ok. CCExtractor works fine at pulling subs from the TS stream... As well even under XP pro I can use the 955Q with Graphedit to record captions directly to binary format and decode with CCE as well.

Now that I know what the cause of garbage CCdata is, I can troubleshoot it rapidly which saves time and frustration.

So ends the Case of the Garbled Closed Captions.
    Quote Quote