VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am hoping I am in the right forum here. If not, can someone please point me in the right direction.

I purchased a Panasonic DMR-E20 several months back for the purpose of transferring old high school football games from VHS to DVD.

For the most part, it has worked flawlessly. However, there have been a couple of videos where the DVD recording has not matched the quality of the VHS source. These quality issues include: cloudy picture and color that is not as bright and crisp as original source.

The output of my VHS plugs directly into the input of my DVD recorder via RCA cables (I even went out and purchased $50+ cables). The signal is then output from the DVD recorder to my TV, so I am able to monitor the source while I record. I am recording on the highest quality setting.

I do not understand how it is possible that the recording does not exactly duplicate the source that I am able to view on the TV screen as I am recording.

Is there a setting in the DVD recorder that can fix this problem?

Thanks in advance for any advise you might be able to provide.
    Rich
    Quote Quote  
  2. Ok I own a E10 and E20 both have picture adjustments in the action menu, you can adjust brightness, sharpeness, Y/C filter, edge sharpness, marcoblockness, just remember where the settings were before you cahnge them also make sure your TBC in on, thats very important.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have found that recording from VHS looks better in the 2 hr. mode. I don't know why but the quality on the 1 hour setting looks bad when recording from vhs.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks thxkid and obiwan176!

thxkid-can you explain what you mean by TBC - I did not see that setting anywhere in the settings?

obiwan176 - I have attempted to change speed settings, really didn't solve my problem. Thanks for the recommendation.

I have also experimented with 3-D Y/C Seperation, Hybrid VBR Resolution, Still Mode, 3D NR, Block NR, and Mosquito NR settings. I have been unable to find anything that works. Am I heading in the right direction? Is it possible one of these settings might help the situation?
    Quote Quote