VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK need a little help. I have been reading and trying this BD & DVD software. I have the TsMuxeR w/ AnyDVD HD running. All worked great on one BD disc because it had the main movie on one .m2ts file. But now I got another BD that has the movie in about 20 or so different .msts files. Is there a program that will take all of the files and organize them in the right order and make into one .m2ts file? Or do I have to watch every .m2ts file and have them in the right order from the start of the movie to the end? Is there any how to videos for combining multiple .m2ts files?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Use bdinfo to idenfity what .mpls playlist you should load in tsmuxer and then can you save it is one m2ts/ts. See the start of this guide: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/309479-Blu-Ray-to-MKV-with-optioinal-multi-language...btitle-support .
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Use bdinfo to identify what .mpls play list you should load in tsmuxer and then can you save it is one m2ts/ts. See the start of this guide: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/309479-Blu-Ray-to-MKV-with-optioinal-multi-language...btitle-support .

I guess the instruction don't make much sense to me or I am a idiot. Do I just pick the top play list file or biggest file? What about audio? There are so many file to choose from it tells me to choose the right file that is the problem what is the right file. Also in TsMuxeR there is TS Muxing, M2TS muxing,Blu-Ray-disc,AVCHD,&Demuxing. Which one do I choose?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    In bdinfo check the length for each playlist and you should be able to guess what's the main movie.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok thanks for the help. That worked great selected the biggest playlist file which was the top and used M2TS muxing. Was fast only 15 minutes. It is a 25 gb file but that is fine for me. What is the TS,Blu-Ray disc,AVCHD muxing for?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by neworldman View Post
    What is the TS,Blu-Ray disc,AVCHD muxing for?

If your destination is Blu-Ray, choose that. You'll retain subs and chapters if your file selection was an *.mpls, which it was. The difference is in what container you want to mux to.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by fritzi93 View Post
    Originally Posted by neworldman View Post
    What is the TS,Blu-Ray disc,AVCHD muxing for?

If your destination is Blu-Ray, choose that. You'll retain subs and chapters if your file selection was an *.mpls, which it was. The difference is in what container you want to mux to.

I used M2Ts muxing so I will have a M2TS file to play with WDTV live. Will Blu-Ray disc muxing do the same?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Dunno about the WD player, don't have one, dunno what it will play. Dunno if it can display subs (and if so, what types) or if it will respect chapter points. If you mux to m2ts you can include subs, but not chapters.

OTOH, and if memory serves, it will play MKV. With MKV you can mux the audio/video, plus subs and chapter points. If you use HDConvertToX to make your MKVs, it will automatically convert BD subs (*pgs) to more compatible DVD-format subs.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by neworldman View Post
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Use bdinfo to identify what .mpls play list you should load in tsmuxer and then can you save it is one m2ts/ts. See the start of this guide: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/309479-Blu-Ray-to-MKV-with-optioinal-multi-language...btitle-support .

I guess the instruction don't make much sense to me or I am a idiot. Do I just pick the top play list file or biggest file? What about audio? There are so many file to choose from it tells me to choose the right file that is the problem what is the right file. Also in TsMuxeR there is TS Muxing, M2TS muxing,Blu-Ray-disc,AVCHD,&Demuxing. Which one do I choose?

Well you don't have to use bdedit to see how the file are structured but load with *.mpls file (BDMV>playlist>*.mpls) and rest will be done by it self if you are using tsMuxeR
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    I find this whole process easier to do with ClownBD. Same tools run in the background, but an easy to use GUI.

Damn, got sucked into an old thread. Sorry guys.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I use HD-DVD/Blu-Ray Stream Extractor. Run AnyDVD in the background and using it should be fairly self explanatory. The video, audio and subtitles etc are extracted as individual streams. The audio can also be converted as it's extracted if you prefer. Once it's done the output files need to be muxed into a single file manually. I prefer MKV so I use MKVMergeGUI.
    Quote Quote