Heh, check this out.

If you notice in a post above I blamed some transfer problems on 'Replicator' although I have relied faithfully on this program for years now. ID tags in MP3's and picture files were not showing up in folders. Well it appears that this is not the case.

What had happened was I let my brother borrow my WD passport to copy all of my music to his hard drive. My MP3 collection has the file structure, id tags, and artwork set up meticulously. However, on his PC he had the various problems I mention above...I for some reason quickly blamed 'Replicator' since the source files on my pc were perfect.

One main difference was that he is running Vista to my XP. Upon hooking up the passport on my pc again....everything read perfect and the missing jpg's were there.
One other much stranger thing also happened with this drive on his 'Vista' pc. I had some movies on the drive as well. One was a very large .mkv file that kept putting up artifacts/pixelation on the screen...and I know this was a spotless file.
What happened next was even stranger. Playing a movie with VLC player from a video_ts folder it played fine for about 20 minutes. Then scenes from other movies started popping in and out!!! At first is was movies that I didn't recognize then I saw a few seconds from a martial arts instructional dvd that I had also dumped to the hard drive I knew what was going on. The first movies I did not recognize were wiped from the hard drive at least 6 months ago but some how managed to still linger through 1 or 2 formats.

Anyone have any idea WTF this is all about?
Obviously the blame is now going straight to Vista....the movie played fine when he rebooted in XP.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this?