VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi there,

I have a problem with the audio files for my project. The audio that was recorded is awful, you cannot understand what the person is saying. Is there any way to fix it?
    I've added a sample file just in case.

Thank you in advance.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. How did you record the audio? It sounds like it was recorded using a very low quality mic, or the input was too hot so it got distorted.

Take a screenshot of your waveform to see if there's some clipping. It may be possible to fix it to a degree using Ozone, but we need to figure the source of the problem first.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You could try the freeware audio editor Audacity. It has a lot of filter options and you may find some that will improve the audio.
    But it's badly damaged, so I wouldn't expect a huge improvement.

Other members here may have better suggestions.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    The Tin-Can-And-String, while reliable and economical, is no longer recommended.

Seriously, there is no clipping. Just a nasty resonance. Sounds like a crappy microphone.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi,

The problem with your audio file is a big distortion, maybe your microphone is not working correctly anymore, or maybe the gain of your amplifier was too high (and the distance between the mic and the person who speaks is too small). Since it's a distortion so the signal is altered and i know no plugin that can correct this..Sorry for that.
    Last edited by nahnou; 9th May 2018 at 04:45. Reason: spelling error
    Quote Quote