VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Not sure whether this in the right thread. Does anyone know why when I tried advertise my Sanyo VTC5000 video recorder on Gumtree that my ad was removed because the item isn't allowed?. Nothing is mentioned in the list of items you can't sell on there about not selling a VCR, and I have advertised other items in the past like my old desktop Dell monitor, plus old camcorder tapes, but up until now I've never had any problems like this. These sites are getting ridiculous with the rules.

This is what it said: "We believe that this ad is offering something that we do not accept on Gumtree."

Does anyone know? There other similar machines on that site for sale, so I don't know what the issue is with the machine I tried to advertise.
    Last edited by techmot; 23rd Nov 2022 at 13:21.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well without seeing the text etc. of the ad then how can we judge.

Yes. There are vcr's for sale there but any betamax/betacord ones like yours is ?

Otherwise just let Fleabay be your friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Well without seeing the text etc. of the ad then how can we judge.

Yes. There are vcr's for sale there but any betamax/betacord ones like yours is ?

Otherwise just let Fleabay be your friend
    I just put Sanyo VTC5000 Betacord for sale. Selling as spares and repairs. I stated that it has an issue with the reel motor being stiff (probably due to the belt) but can be moved by moving it. I didn't put anything which would get the ad removed. Who are they to judge what I put in my ad anyway?. Like I said, I have advertised other items but never had them remove the ads. I prefer not to sell via ebay.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well if you left the 'magic' word Betamax out of the ad then that could explain it. I found some that list with both words to avoid any technical/wording confusion.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Well if you left the 'magic' word Betamax out of the ad then that could explain it. I found some that list with both words to avoid any technical/wording confusion.
    I did put "Betacord" in the title which is what it is, so I dunno how leaving out Betamax would make any difference. Seems like they had an issue with what I was selling. Maybe I placed it in the wrong, I placed it in the "TV/Video recorders" section.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Pet peeve #168. Most people incorrectly think Betamax is the Beta format* and don't know was Betacord is. I applaud you for correctly stating your Sanyo VCR is a a Betacord, Beta format machine, not a Betamax. IIRC, Sanyo VHS VCRs were V-Cord.

*Betamax is only Sony Beta VCRs and videotapes. Beta is the format.
    Quote Quote