VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi guys. This thread shud have been in editing section, bt since it is linked to capture so it here. I recently bought a hd 727 card and have been capturing 1080i using amerectv ut codec. When using megui to conver to a less birate 10 mbps 1080p(using deinterlace) format im facing a problem in the avs script creator section, i removed the black bars until i got a 852p height. So my question is it necessary to resize(mod16, auto) after croppin since my res after croppin is 1920 x 832 and at this res the aspect ratio is same as source because i just cropped the black bars. So why bother with resizing
    Quote Quote  
  2. 852 is mod 4. That should be fine. Though deinterlacing is probably a bad idea.
    Quote Quote  
  3. there are 3 options in me gui avs script cropping section
    1st resize to selected mod
    2nd crop/ autocrop
    3rd resize / mod 16/ mod8

firstly my uncompressed source is 1920x1080i (cinema scope 2.39.1) . i want the width 1920 to remain the same , i open the files and crop till i get rid of the black bars and to the edge of the video like, 120 up and 120 down and i get 1080-240 = 840 height . so my size is 1920 x 840 (no aspect ratio error) , and i haven,t clicked or ticked the resize option only done cropping. so should i tick the resize option and set mod 16 to get 1904x840 resoultion or shud i leave it alone since i want the original 1920 resolution. and does resizing makes a difference? as far as i know people resize only when they want lower res like 720 or lower. and finally does lanzcos resizing improve the video visually.thanking you.
    Quote Quote  
  4. 840 is mod 8 -- no problem for most codecs. If you force the program to use mod 16 you'll get 848 or 832.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!