VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, Long time since I been in here.

I'm seeking help with an issue playing TrueHD Atmos files.

My setup is Xbox One X connected to Samsung 5.1.4 Atmos (HW-K950) via HDMI, Sound System connected to TV via HDMI ARC.

When I turn on the Xbox One X, display on Samsung Shows Dolby Atmos.

I can play The Dolby Atmos Demo disc (TrueHD Atmos files) I download and sound amazing. However when I play an MKV with TrueHD Atmos there is no sound.

I downloaded a file with Eac3 Atmos and it plays amazingly also, clearly hear the Atmos doing its job.

I cant figure out why the TrueHD Atmos wont play from movies I grabbed.

**I confirmed that the HW-K950 supports TrueHD Atmos as well as updated all firmware .

Please help
    Thank You
    FrankDux
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, did you ever figure it out? Trying to do the same but no dice. To make sure, I rented a BR movie that has TrueHD atmos and worked just fine.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by GoauldGod View Post
    Hi, did you ever figure it out? Trying to do the same but no dice. To make sure, I rented a BR movie that has TrueHD atmos and worked just fine.
    99% of bluray players won't play truhd atmos in mkv format. You have to either use nvidia shield or zidoo android boxes to play those. Or you have to convert to avchd folder or m2ts files but you will lose subtitles and chapters.
    Quote Quote