VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi guys, I recently bought a HTPC in order to play 4k files to my 4k TV, and was able to successfully configure MPC-BE to passthrough HDR data to my TV using madVR. Everything was working perfectly when I was testing it. However, yesterday I watched the first movie and every 20 minutes or so, the video froze but audio continued to play. I had to restart MPC-BE, and when I resumed from the spot where it froze, it was working normally. But then again it froze after ~20 minutes (it's not exactly 20 minutes, sometime it froze after 10, sometime after 30). Any idea what would be causing this?
    I am playing a local file from my main SSD drive, both MPC-BE and madVR are on latest version.
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Until someone more knowledgeable can answer... Does your HDMI cable support 4K bandwidth... In madvr settings, rendering, general settings, try increasing the GPU queue size to max. (24 frames? this might depend on video and system RAM).
    You'll likely find more "experts" on Doom9 forums: https://forum.doom9.org/forumdisplay.php?f=15
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Thank you for your reply. Wouldn't wrong HDMI and GPU queue size be immediately noticeable as a problem, since the video would probably be laggy from the start? My problems starts to happen only after video is playing for a longer period of time. I will however, listen to your advice and see if the change of cable and queue setting be of any help
    Quote Quote