VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi

I am having trouble getting started with digitizing my VHS.

The issue is my VHS player, I believe, because it doesn't have a Composite OUT and instead only has the three colors (Yellow, Red, White) with IN connection written on it.

So, my question is can anyone in this knowledgeable community recommend me some VHS players which have the Composite OUT and also S-Video ports, as my current VHS player doesn't have the S-Video port too?

Also, I live in the United Kingdom, so does the VHS player have to be a PAL only device or does it not matter if it also was NTSC?

Thank You!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by vee View Post
    Hi

The issue is my VHS player, I believe, because it doesn't have a Composite OUT and instead only has the three colors (Yellow, Red, White) with IN connection written on it.

So, my question is can anyone in this knowledgeable community recommend me some VHS players which have the Composite OUT and also S-Video ports, as my current VHS player doesn't have the S-Video port too?

Also, I live in the United Kingdom, so does the VHS player have to be a PAL only device or does it not matter if it also was NTSC?

Thank You!
    If you live in the UK you probably have a SCART output on your VCR and then you need a SCART to Composite adaptor.

Standard VHS players don’t have SVideo output. You need an SVHS player for that.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by 88charlie View Post
    Hi

Thank You!
    If you live in the UK you probably have a SCART output on your VCR and then you need a SCART to Composite adaptor.

Standard VHS players don’t have SVideo output. You need an SVHS player for that.

Thank you, I'll report back. I am a newbie to this haha
    Quote Quote  
  4. I’ve connected the SCART to Composite adapter and moved the switch to OUT, but the CE310B is not showing up on either AVerMedia’s Capture Studio & even on VirtualDub which says the following “VirtualDub cannot connect to the desired capture card”.

I’m at loss as to what to do.

I think as a last resort might give the VHS digitisation services a go.

I’ve also got the latest driver installed for the CE310B.

Any help is appreciated!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Open device manager (search in start menu) and you’ll see a long list of devices. Usually if a device has issues or lacks a driver, its line will be open/expanded.

If everything looks ok, see if you can actually find it at all, in the list. It may have a generic name so use your imagination if you can’t find anything with avermedia in it.

In any case, download the latest drivers from the avermedia website.

You should also check if the card is properly inserted in the slot.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by 88charlie View Post
    Open device manager (search in start menu) and you’ll see a long list of devices. Usually if a device has issues or lacks a driver, its line will be open/expanded.

If everything looks ok, see if you can actually find it at all, in the list. It may have a generic name so use your imagination if you can’t find anything with avermedia in it.

In any case, download the latest drivers from the avermedia website.

You should also check if the card is properly inserted in the slot.
    Yep, have seated the CE310B properly and there were no warning signs or anything in Device Manager, also it didn’t have a generic name, instead it said “AVerMedia CE310B Capture Device” or “Card”.

So, it recognises the card in Device Manager, but not in AVerMedia’s capture programme or VirtualDub for example.

I’m not sure what to do with this capture card anymore. It’s annoying.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Try OSB and maybe it’ll detect it.

Its not a good sign if the card isn’t detected by its own software....

Try something out of the ordinary like removing and reinstalling it, if possible in another slot.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by 88charlie View Post

Try something out of the ordinary like removing and reinstalling it, if possible in another slot.
    Yes, will try OSB.

Also will try removing the graphics card and insert the CE310B into its slot.

Will report back how it goes.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by 88charlie View Post

Yes, will try OSB.

Also will try removing the graphics card and insert the CE310B into its slot.

Meant OBS...sorry
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Have you solved your issue?

I run into the same issue today. Haven't used the card since three or four years and now it is not even recognized in their own Avermedia Capture Studio. Device Manager says everything fine, I tried different drivers including the latest one, tried a different PCIe slot, but the card is only shown in the Device Manager.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Look in Windpws 10 settings at Privacy, particularly the app permissions related to camera, microphone,etc.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    particularly the app permissions related to camera
    That was the issue. Camera permissions were disabled. Now it is working again, thank you very much!
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You're welcome
    Quote Quote