VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Finally managed to get a signal from my VCR using Virtualdub, all was working well yesterday and a few minutes ago, but now suddenly when I capture a video (and yes I selected "capture avi" and clicked on set capture file and made sure I have selected the correct connection, but when I've spent minutes capturing the file to a folder (and it does appear to be capturing) and go and play the file I find there's nothing there, yet the file size is saying there is. When I exit Vdub and open the programme up again to capture again I find that it is still capturing, yet I know that I stopped the capturing by either pressing stop or using the Esc key. Why is it still capturing when I clicked stop?. I couldn't have accidentally clicked capture again, there's no way I did that because after I stopped capturing I made sure it wasn't capturing anymore, but after I checked the outputted file and went back into VDub I noticed it had started capturing again even when I had stopped the capture.

Edit: Looking at this problem again, it appears that Vdub is capturing whenever I clicked on any part of the screen below where the image window is displayed, and what I mean by that is if I just simply use my mouse button or the laptops touchpad and click anywhere within the Vdub work area (not the capture window) it seems to to start the capturing. Even when I click on one of the menus at the top it seems to set the capturing off. Anyone know why it's doing this?.
    Last edited by techmot; 6th Jan 2022 at 05:12.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In the capture menu there is a setting "start capture on left-click in pane". Deselect it to prevent any mouse mishaps.

You can add a further level of 'security' by going to the capture menu >> settings and check the "wait for OK to capture". Then you must actually click an option box that appears when you attempt to capture before it actually starts.

As for the other issue you could start by posting a mediainfo report of the 'empty' video.
    Quote Quote