VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. @ndjamena: Dune plays whatever it is given, which can be a m2ts file or an mkv, mp4, etc, etc, etc. It also supports Bluray structure either as folders or within the ISO. 3D MVC is only possible when in ISO on Dune. Obviously it is not playing the m2ts file directly because if it were the film would be playing in 2D as is the case with my second player the Dune Smart D1 which doesn't support MVC.

I still maintain that it's how the original film was authored that is the problem because I'm not the only one with this issue and others are not using Dune as well as have ripped the movies using different software and yet the result is the same, check these posts:

https://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?61595-Edge-of-Tomorrow-3D

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7863

Also if you look here: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168539&page=56 there is mention of tsmuxer detecting the right base of a film when opening the playlist by checking a 3D setting box under the Bluray tab. With the Edge of Tomorrow the box is checked hence the flag is there and playlists of films with the left base always have this box unchecked in tsmuxer. The tsmuxer is also suppose to correct this problem but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. I tried it, someone else has tried it and to no avail.

I can appreciate when I'm wrong but 3 different software, 3 different players and same problem with the SAME films?
    Last edited by tommy2010; 18th Nov 2014 at 00:21.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    No it doesn't. There isn't as yet ANY device that is a universal player - all have some shortcomings regarding formats, decoding options, resolutions, bandwidth, etc. Dune is no different.

It's not "just the authoring", because those original movies on BD3D do NOT seem to have that problem AFAIK, only RIPPED (or Ripped+Converted) copies of them. Which puts the burden of correct file interpretation on the ripping/converting app.

Also, I've already demonstrated examples where one could have different base views but the same resulting image, or the other case where one could have the same base views but different resulting image. There are/can be more than just one single factor affecting the outcome.

@tommy2010, that last argument is weak, especially if they are all using the same or similar codebase and (incomplete?) assumptions/understandings.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    <removed duplicate>
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 18th Nov 2014 at 01:34.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    More info. Particularly helpful might be pages 10-13 regarding SPS & SEI data.

This, too.

Or maybe this.

Also, THIS shows that the View ID# is not the same as the View Order Index # (the latter being the more important base view determiner). If the decoder/converter apps are using the former as their indicator, this could be where things are going wrong when the two #s don't agree.

Scott
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 18th Nov 2014 at 01:37.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by tommy2010 View Post
    Hi guys,

I tried experimenting in order to get the 3D eyes reversed with tsmuxer and unfortunately the process I thought that would work doesn't. The tsmuxer has the 3D option "Use base video stream for right eye" under the bluray tab but when checked it does absolutely nothing. I tried just importing the streams and checking this option as well as opening the playlist and checking this option also to no avail. As I mentioned before someone said of changing the hex value of 40 to 50 in the playlist using a hex editor but the playlist from Edge of Tomorrow 3D as an example does not contain the 40 value. Yet there must be a flag somewhere that tells the film how to play and I would appreciate it if someone has any ideas of what to try in order to change it from right to left.

Just wondering how does 3D in MKV work? Have found some old posts that suggest full frame 3D is not possible in MKV, is that still the case?

Thanks
    I'm aware that this thread is 2405 days old but I still want to reply.

I recently aqcuired a retail Blu-ray 3D disc. However, it has right eye first. I'm using LG3DTV connected to my PC and AV receiver. To play 3D discs I use PowerDVD 19 and it has the option to switch the view from right eye to left eye.
    But, I wasn't happy as all other discs I have are default left eye first. So, I tried tsmuxer option switching the base view to right eye and created an ISO.
    It works!

Now, I don't have to change the setting in PowerDVD 19 every time I watched this movie in 3D.
    Last edited by maxrockpro; 13th Jun 2021 at 22:43. Reason: Typos
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Yeah, the only way I’ve found around this and watch back on a standalone player is to actually burn a disc. The H264 and MVC video streams need the flag in the playlist file to display properly in this case. I do wish there was a way to embed this flag into a frame-packed 3D m2ts file, but it’s not a huge issue, as I’ve only had this problem with one movie so far (Edge of Tomorrow). 95% of discs seem to be authored with the first video stream as left eye as it should be. I’m not sure why a small handful of them are right eye first, but it sure is an annoyance.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Croweyes1121 View Post
    Yeah, the only way I’ve found around this and watch back on a standalone player is to actually burn a disc. The H264 and MVC video streams need the flag in the playlist file to display properly in this case. I do wish there was a way to embed this flag into a frame-packed 3D m2ts file, but it’s not a huge issue, as I’ve only had this problem with one movie so far (Edge of Tomorrow). 95% of discs seem to be authored with the first video stream as left eye as it should be. I’m not sure why a small handful of them are right eye first, but it sure is an annoyance.
    Sorry to bump but this is one of the better discussions on the topic I have found. Based on what I am reading here, its not possible to fix this on a m2ts file. I have been ripping my 3D blu rays, then ripping the atmos tracks off the normal blu ray to mux together. Kong Skull Island is a right eye 3D file I have tried in the past to do , using Txmuxer right eye options as suggested (and confirmed to not work). I get there doesn't seem a way to do this on a m2ts, is there a way to fix this rebuilding the file into a ISO and burning the disc? I have an oppo 203 that can read m2ts or I can make discs for it, it doesn't seem to have a switch eyes option as some players do either.
    Originally Posted by maxrockpro View Post
    Originally Posted by tommy2010 View Post
    Hi guys,

I tried experimenting in order to get the 3D eyes reversed with tsmuxer and unfortunately the process I thought that would work doesn't. The tsmuxer has the 3D option "Use base video stream for right eye" under the bluray tab but when checked it does absolutely nothing. I tried just importing the streams and checking this option as well as opening the playlist and checking this option also to no avail. As I mentioned before someone said of changing the hex value of 40 to 50 in the playlist using a hex editor but the playlist from Edge of Tomorrow 3D as an example does not contain the 40 value. Yet there must be a flag somewhere that tells the film how to play and I would appreciate it if someone has any ideas of what to try in order to change it from right to left.

Just wondering how does 3D in MKV work? Have found some old posts that suggest full frame 3D is not possible in MKV, is that still the case?

Thanks
    I'm aware that this thread is 2405 days old but I still want to reply.

I recently aqcuired a retail Blu-ray 3D disc. However, it has right eye first. I'm using LG3DTV connected to my PC and AV receiver. To play 3D discs I use PowerDVD 19 and it has the option to switch the view from right eye to left eye.
    But, I wasn't happy as all other discs I have are default left eye first. So, I tried tsmuxer option switching the base view to right eye and created an ISO.
    It works!

Now, I don't have to change the setting in PowerDVD 19 every time I watched this movie in 3D.
    What did you rip the files to before reloading into tsmuxer and authoring the ISO?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    I just output the file to a BD folder in tsmuxer with the reverse eyes box checked and burned that to disc, and it worked for me. The option checked doesn’t help the file work on its own, but it will allow your standalone player to know that they’re reversed and play back correctly.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Croweyes1121 View Post
    I just output the file to a BD folder in tsmuxer with the reverse eyes box checked and burned that to disc, and it worked for me. The option checked doesn’t help the file work on its own, but it will allow your standalone player to know that they’re reversed and play back correctly.
    Sorry, when you say output the file to a BD folder, do you mean directly from a disc or from a mkv or something?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Just throw the file into tsmuxer and there is an option right there to output to a BD folder. Then just burn it with whatever program you choose.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Croweyes1121 View Post
    Just throw the file into tsmuxer and there is an option right there to output to a BD folder. Then just burn it with whatever program you choose.
    I had to use ISO due to my player, but it worked Thanks for the help.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!