VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Here is a picture of my camera (for the benefit of the OP) plus all the accessories.

The tape was actually in the box and I was quite curious as to what was on it. It is, actually, a 'lost' video which I transferred from Super 8 film approx. 10 years ago. I made this sample this morning and is essentially untouched (you see the projector flicker and can also hear it). But it confirms that the camcorder is in working order and will transfer 8mm and Hi8 (this sample) tapes.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5688.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	3.06 MB
ID:	57696  

Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. so that's mean the tapes that was recorded on 1993 with camcorder PAL if it's HI8 or MM8 can be playback in your camcorder model ?
    regarding video that i can hear noise with it , it's that because of video when recorded or because the model of camcorder ?
    how do you transfer the video file from your camcorder to your PC ? what cables do you use ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    10 years approx. So that is 2011 but maybe a little earlier or later. Essentially this is just a demo to show that the camera is fully working.

The noise you hear is the Super8 Film projector. The transfer was with the supplied A/V composite cable in to a Hauppauge USB-Live2 capture device. I can also do DV transfers via a ADVC300.

I also have another video what was actually shot on the camera in 2007. I do not know where that original tape is now. The clip I now post is an edit from the original transfer.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  4. when i watch the video i Die of laughter

that Russian

anyway , my point its , ( i hope you can give me clear answer ) that all my Tapes Cassettes its HI8 or MM8 PAL so your camcorder model can playback them ?
    if YES so i should buy A/V composite cable or it will be comes with camcorder ?
    the last think its , i can contact the camcorder with ClearClick Video to Digital Converter 2.0 (Second Generation)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07V9JNRZY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you think that part is funny, you should listen to the rest

Not Russian. Bulgarian.

You will have to ask the seller if it comes with the cable. It is not clear from the photos. All I could see is a composite to euro scart adapter (for a tv)

All hi8 cameras should play back 8 mm tapes - that, again, is clearly stated on my user manual. I can not test 8mm since I only acquired Hi8 tapes. If you really wanted confirmation before purchase you would have to send me one to test.

All digital 8 cameras should play back hi8 and 8mm tapes.
    Quote Quote  
  6. how much this camcorder will be cost ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    PM to send
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    ...wish that was true...
    https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/00026519

creakndale
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well that is a bummer.

It is typically accepted that a new system will be backward compatable with an older one.

If this is not so then the OP needs to be reassured since he has already made one expensive mistake and does not want to make another.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    I am beginning to be sorry I even offered to assist. And, no, I would not charge £140 for it.
    I'm not downplaying your model at all, I just stated the differences, If you want to sell your camcorder you can just list it online, Why would you limit your opportunities to one person or one low price?

No, We've gone through this in post 50.
    Last edited by dellsam34; 7th Mar 2021 at 13:00.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ^^ I might be wrong but I see this as a 'buyer's market'. That is to say that anyone wishing to purchase would not normally pay anything close to the original price since there are better, and cheaper, systems now available.

Listing it I fully expect no sale for these reasons unless I were to effectively give it away and then buyers think there really must be something wrong with it.

In the future I might still find a use for it. Who knows. But I am not seeking to profit from this. Had the OP only had a handful of tapes I could well have offered to do the transfer. And at a higher quality than the demo I posted earlier. I would effectively get the same money and keep the camera. Yet he as already spent on that transfer device (which I would never give house room to) so needs to re-coop his investment even if it means him spending even more. But he might be able to sell on both the NTSC camcorder and the PAL one if and when he no longer has a use for it.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    You will be surprised how much interest you'll get, It all depends on the wording, Just use these words "capture" "tape transfer" "pass-through" "analog to digital" in both the title and description and you'll see.
    Quote Quote