VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I figured out how to split but for some reason despite reading the manual Combineing clips is beyond me. I don't even see the option displayed that manual shows.

Am I being stupid or, No don't answer it was a rehtorical question.

Did I set something up wrong during my initial setup? Some of the options shown in the manual do not display on my unit. I have capturing from Tuner & LIne inputs working fine. Editing is good. Splitting, no problem. But combining clips I do not see.

Anybody can help, it'd be appreciated.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Possibly you are in the Navigator window instead of in the Playlist window. (These are terms on my older Pioneer so they may have changed with the 531).

Go to the main menu. Choose the Copy menu. Choose HDD to DVD (presuming the videos you're trying to combine are on the HDD). Now select each clip you want on your DVD. Arrange the order so the ones you want joined are adjacent. Now you should see the option to join the titles. They will be joined when the DVD is burned.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Well you are right about the Navigator window! They did say playlist windows, I just never connected that with the copy window.
    It just seemed to me that the window where you can split should also be the windows where you can combine. I am assuming that join means as one title?

I'll give that a try in the morning, right now it is busy playing a DVD and recording a music special off of PBS... Fund raising time again. I just did a DVD off of Ch 13 and it looks pretty good, Display is showing a bit rate of between 2.5 & 5.66 Mbps with occasional bursts for some reason to 9Mbps
    Not sure how accurate that report is, I didn't know it did VBR. Show is Get Down Tonight: The Disco Explosion from last year.

Probably as I understand it I can burn but not finalize while recording? I'll have to try it and see.

Ok, just looked and you are right it is in the copy menu! the reason I didn't see it before is you have to select the title as if you wanted to edit it and then scroll down or up as combine and several other options do not show on screen without scrolling.

Many Thanks, Now I have it in my head I can do it.
    Roger
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Glad to help. This one had me stumped, too, when I first got my Pioneer DVR-510H-S. I kept re-reading through the manual for the first couple months and nearly always found something I didn't know before.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Many Thanks for sharing your experience. I wouldn't have felt so dumb if I hadn't read and reread that section of the manual.

I'm still finding new features myself... Or easier ways to do things. The Pioneer is a big leap over my old Cyberhome CH1500, Just took the CH to work and we modded it with a cooling fan and the boss will be using it to see if he likes using a DVD recorder. I was running it with the cover off because of heating issues that the Pioneer doesn't have.

The Pioneer has much more in the way of features and ease of use, however it did cost a lot more and the cheapo Cyberhome was a way to decide if a DVD recorder fit into my way of doing things.

So once again Thanks
    Roger
    Quote Quote