VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

My source video is full hd at 50fps after editing and exporting to h.264 25fps to play on my samsung led tv the image is shaking like missing some frames do I have to prepare it somehow?

Second question why samsung do not play movies higher than 25fps encoded with h.265?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Post where you live and the model number of your TV. If you live in the USA or Canada, your TV does not support 50 fps video if it's made by Samsung.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I live in Europe and my tv is UE46D6750. When played video encoded with h.264 at 50fps it says no codec supported, at 25fps plays fine but shaking.
    Quote Quote  
  4. 25 fps is jerky unless you use shooting techniques that alleviate it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Original video is avchd 50p and it is not jerky.
    Quote Quote  
  6. And you removed half the frames leaving you with jerky video. If you think there's something else wrong, try uploading a short segment with motion.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I know that I'm looking for solution to export but have a smooth video.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Convert to 25i instead of 25p. Or convert to 720p50.
    Quote Quote  
  9. 720p is not a solution and h.264 mainconcept in adobe premiere 5.5 do not allow 25i

Is there another h.264 codec that I can use with adobe premiere?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    "AVCHD" is a brand name for Sony/Panasonic consumer BlueRay. Are you sure your original video is 50p? Because AVCHD doesn't support 50/60p AFAIK.

They use "frame repeat" to make it play smoother on 50/60 hz refresh rate displays.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by miojamo View Post
    h.264 mainconcept in adobe premiere 5.5 do not allow 25i
    They may call it 50i.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by budwzr View Post
    "AVCHD" is a brand name for Sony/Panasonic consumer BlueRay. Are you sure your original video is 50p? Because AVCHD doesn't support 50/60p AFAIK.

They use "frame repeat" to make it play smoother on 50/60 hz refresh rate displays.
    My video was captured with Sony GW55VE which support 50p recording.
    Quote Quote  
  13. They may call it 50i.

No there is not. There are 3 settings for full hd:

HDTV 1080p 24 HQ
    HDTV 1080p 25 HQ
    HDTV 1080p 29 HQ
    Quote Quote  
  14. I think it's under the blu-ray template, there will be a 1920x1080i50 setting

1920x1080p50 isn't supported by most hardware (like HDTV's and BD players) yet (It's AVCHD 2.0, and should be coming out soon with support in hardware, but most current hardware don't have updated chips yet)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You need to understand that interlacing video is just another way of smoothing via blending. Some softwares blend the fields directly. Understanding the temporal dynamics of frame rates vs. motion and speed is the key to this. Study up on it. Wiki or Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  16. I wouldn't call interlacing "blending". It's reducing the vertical resolution by half to fit two pictures into each frame. The two picture remain completely separate.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yah, you can't see the blend. So what would it be? A meld? I see it all as over or under sampling / cranking, like two gears with different diameters and number of teeth.

So interlacing makes twice the teeth on the temporal gear, and half as many on the spatial.

Frame blending progressive scan would be twice the spatial, half the temporal. Therefore, the double exposures.

That's the way I think of it. Keeps me from getting confused.
    Last edited by budwzr; 14th Jul 2012 at 18:59.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Well, whatever it is, it is from last century, if media player or TV cannot play it, get something that does, some WDTV Live or similar player that can play 50p mp4 video.
    Keep it 50p through out, do not butcher the original
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hahaha, that's funny, but it's not so much being able to play it, as it is being able to utilize various capture rates for their benefits.

That's why pulldown was invented, so you can watch a 60i broadcast signal as if it were 24p.

I sometimes record at 120p on one of my cameras, and I have to do an intermediary render to step it down to 60p first, then down to 30p, at that time I will have ultra slomo, and I can use a velocity or time map to vary the playback whatever speed I want.

I think the OP's situation is that he wants to playback at the same rate as the capture, but doesn't know how to use my "gearing differential" concept to calculate how that would work.

Just because the camera records at 60p doesn't mean you can't produce a smooth 30p final product. That's why conversion to interlaced was offered to avoid visual blending.

But like Al says, that's only good if the hardware does the conversion. As an editor, and self author of your own media, you're in a unique position to ignore "broadcast standards" unless you're using optical disc playback.
    Last edited by budwzr; 15th Jul 2012 at 01:03.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think the best solution for you is render the 50p to 25p, then use the time warp, or whatever they call it. That'll get you out of the Whole Year Inn.

================================================== ==============
    How does bud get those balloons to float by on his avatar?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Thanks guys, I've decided to use h.264 with 50p and wait for tv firmware upgrade The quality is really good and file size is not so bad comparing to UT codec.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by miojamo View Post
    Thanks guys, I've decided to use h.264 with 50p and wait for tv firmware upgrade
    That may never come. The TV may not have enough horsepower to decode 1080p50.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi. My Samsung Smart TV has an issue.
    When I download videos shorter than 8:00, it's FRAME RATE 50 NOT SUPPORTED. What to do? Visit my YouTube channel?
    Quote Quote